Tricks and Formulas to solve the Profit and Loss Questions and answers. Learn heard the basic formulae of profit loss to solve Maths paper of IBPS Exam.
Cost Price : The price, at which an article is purchased, is called its cost price, abbreviated as cost price.
Selling Price : The price, at which an article is sold, is called its selling prices, abbreviated as selling price.
Profit or Gain : If S.P. is greater than C.P., the seller is said to have a profit or gain.
Loss : If S.P. is less than C.P., the seller is said to have incurred a loss.
Formulae for Profit Loss
Gain = (S.P.) – (C.P.)
Loss = (C.P.) – (S.P.).
Loss or gain is always reckoned on C.P.
Gain Percentage: (Gain %) Gain % = (Gain x 100 / C.P)
Loss Percentage: (Loss %) Loss % = (Loss x 100 / C.P )
Selling Price: (S.P.) SP = [(100 + Gain %) / 100 x C.P]
Cost Price: (C.P.) C.P. = [(100 / (100 + Gain %) x S.P]
If an article is sold at a loss of say, 55% then S.P. = 55% of C.P.
If an article is sold at a gain of say25%, then S.P. = 125% of C.P
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Exams2017.11.02Government Exams – The Critical One
- Announcements2017.09.06Recruitment Application for IBPS Clerk VII is out for Vacancies of 2018-19
- Announcements2017.08.30What to Expect for IBPS PO Prelims Exam 2017 (Important Topics)
- General Awareness2017.08.22Most Asked Questions about the President of India