Short Cut Methods for solving the questions of Percentages
- When any value increases by
- 10%, it becomes 1.1 times of itself. (since 100+10 = 110% = 1.1)
- 20%, it becomes 1.2 times of itself.
- 36%, it becomes 1.36 times of itself.
- 4%, it becomes 1.04 times of itself.
Thus we can see the effects on the values due to various percentage increases.
- When any value decreases by
- 10%, it becomes 0.9 times of itself. (Since 100-10 = 90% = 0.9)
- 20%, it becomes 0.8 times of itself
- 36%, it becomes 0.64 times of itself
- 4%, it becomes 0.96 times of itself.
Thus we can see the effects on a value due to various percentage decreases.
1. When a value is multiplied by a decimal more than 1 it will be increased and when multiplied by less than 1 it will be decreased.
2. The percentage increase or decrease depends on the decimal multiplied.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Announcements2017.05.26Banking Exams: Tentative Dates, Eligibility Criteria and Salary
- Announcements2017.05.24How to prepare for IBPS Bank exam? Easy Shortcuts, Tips & Tricks
- General Computer Knowledge2017.05.22Computer Aptitude Practice Set – 2017
- Announcements2017.05.18SBI PO Main Exam Preparation Strategy & Exam Pattern Expected