Short Cut Methods for solving the questions of Percentages
- When any value increases by
- 10%, it becomes 1.1 times of itself. (since 100+10 = 110% = 1.1)
- 20%, it becomes 1.2 times of itself.
- 36%, it becomes 1.36 times of itself.
- 4%, it becomes 1.04 times of itself.
Thus we can see the effects on the values due to various percentage increases.
- When any value decreases by
- 10%, it becomes 0.9 times of itself. (Since 100-10 = 90% = 0.9)
- 20%, it becomes 0.8 times of itself
- 36%, it becomes 0.64 times of itself
- 4%, it becomes 0.96 times of itself.
Thus we can see the effects on a value due to various percentage decreases.
1. When a value is multiplied by a decimal more than 1 it will be increased and when multiplied by less than 1 it will be decreased.
2. The percentage increase or decrease depends on the decimal multiplied.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Announcements2018.03.05Equip Yourself with Niche Skills – Take a Giant Leap for your Career
- English2018.03.05How to Prepare for English Section of SSC CGL and IBPS PO Simultaneously?
- Announcements2018.02.06Top Universities for Finance Aspirants
- Announcements2018.02.06Popular Universities offering Banking Courses