A man takes 5 hours 45 min. in walking to a certain place and riding back. He would have gained 2 hours by riding both ways. The time he would take to walk both ways is :
- A. 11 hrs 45 min
- B. 3 hrs 45 min
- C. 7 hrs 30 min
- D. 7 hrs 45 min Ans: A. Sol.
Let the distance be x km. Then,
(time taken to walk x km) + (Time taken to ride x km) = 23/4 hrs.
⇔ (Time taken to walk 2x km) + (Tie taken to ride 2x km) = 23/2 hrs.
But, time taken to ride 2x km = 15/4 hrs. ∴ Time taken to walk 2x km [23/2 – 15/4] hrs = 31/4 hrs = 7 hrs 45 min.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Announcements2017.05.26Banking Exams: Tentative Dates, Eligibility Criteria and Salary
- Announcements2017.05.24How to prepare for IBPS Bank exam? Easy Shortcuts, Tips & Tricks
- General Computer Knowledge2017.05.22Computer Aptitude Practice Set – 2017
- Announcements2017.05.18SBI PO Main Exam Preparation Strategy & Exam Pattern Expected