A man takes 5 hours 45 min. in walking to a certain place and riding back. He would have gained 2 hours by riding both ways. The time he would take to walk both ways is :
- A. 11 hrs 45 min
- B. 3 hrs 45 min
- C. 7 hrs 30 min
- D. 7 hrs 45 min Ans: A. Sol.
Let the distance be x km. Then,
(time taken to walk x km) + (Time taken to ride x km) = 23/4 hrs.
⇔ (Time taken to walk 2x km) + (Tie taken to ride 2x km) = 23/2 hrs.
But, time taken to ride 2x km = 15/4 hrs. ∴ Time taken to walk 2x km [23/2 – 15/4] hrs = 31/4 hrs = 7 hrs 45 min.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Announcements2017.07.22IBPS Announces the Common Recruitment Process for Recruitment of Officers (Scale-I, II & III) and Office Assistant (Multipurpose) in RRB’s – CRP RRB’s VI
- Announcements2017.07.11Bandhan Bank Recruitment Notification 2017 for 5000 Vacancies – Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- Cloze Test2017.07.03Cloze Test – 3 for Banking Exams
- Cloze Test2017.07.03Cloze Test – 2 for Banking Preparation