A man takes 5 hours 45 min. in walking to a certain place and riding back. He would have gained 2 hours by riding both ways. The time he would take to walk both ways is :
- A. 11 hrs 45 min
- B. 3 hrs 45 min
- C. 7 hrs 30 min
- D. 7 hrs 45 min Ans: A. Sol.
Let the distance be x km. Then,
(time taken to walk x km) + (Time taken to ride x km) = 23/4 hrs.
⇔ (Time taken to walk 2x km) + (Tie taken to ride 2x km) = 23/2 hrs.
But, time taken to ride 2x km = 15/4 hrs. ∴ Time taken to walk 2x km [23/2 – 15/4] hrs = 31/4 hrs = 7 hrs 45 min.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Announcements2017.09.06Recruitment Application for IBPS Clerk VII is out for Vacancies of 2018-19
- Announcements2017.08.30What to Expect for IBPS PO Prelims Exam 2017 (Important Topics)
- General Awareness2017.08.22Most Asked Questions about the President of India
- Announcements2017.08.14Application for Common Recruitment for Recruitment of Probationary Officers / Management Trainees