Two trains start from P and Q respectively and travel towards each other at a speed of 50 km/hr and 40 km/hr respectively. By the time they meet, the first train has travelled 100 km more than the second. The distance between P and Q is:
- A. 500 km
- B. 630 km
- C. 900 km
- D. 660 km Ans: C.
At the time of meeting, let the distane travelled byb the second train be x km. Then,
distance covered by the first train is (x + 100) km
∴ x/40 = (x+100)/50 ⇔ 50x = 40x 4000 ⇔ x = 400.
So, distance between P and Q = (x+x+100) km = 900 km.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Announcements2017.05.26Banking Exams: Tentative Dates, Eligibility Criteria and Salary
- Announcements2017.05.24How to prepare for IBPS Bank exam? Easy Shortcuts, Tips & Tricks
- General Computer Knowledge2017.05.22Computer Aptitude Practice Set – 2017
- Announcements2017.05.18SBI PO Main Exam Preparation Strategy & Exam Pattern Expected