Two trains 140 m and 160 m long run at the speed of 60 km/hr and 40 km/hr respectively in opposite directions on parallel tracks. The time (in seconds) which they take to cross each other, is:
Relative speed = (60 + 40) km/hr = 100 x 5/18 m/sec = 250 / 9 m/sec.
Distance covered in crossing each other = (140 + 160) m = 300 m.
Required time = [(300 x 9)/250] sec = 54/5 sec = 10.8 sec.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Announcements2017.09.06Recruitment Application for IBPS Clerk VII is out for Vacancies of 2018-19
- Announcements2017.08.30What to Expect for IBPS PO Prelims Exam 2017 (Important Topics)
- General Awareness2017.08.22Most Asked Questions about the President of India
- Announcements2017.08.14Application for Common Recruitment for Recruitment of Probationary Officers / Management Trainees