Sports Awards in India
here is come sports awards in India.
- The Arjuna Awards were established by the Indian Government in 1961
- It is given for the excellent performance by the sportspersons in various events.
- The award holds a cash prize of INR 500,000, a bronze statue of Arjuna and a scroll.
- As per revised guidelines by Government, a sportsperson must have a constant excellent performance for the previous three years at international level to be eligible for the award, along with extraordinary qualities like leadership, sportsmanship and a sense of discipline.
- Arjuna Awards Recipients of 2013 are
- Chekrovolu Swuro, Archery
- Ranjith Maheshwari, Athletics
- P.V. Sindhu, Badminton
- Kavita Chahal, Boxing
- Rupesh Shah, Billiards & Snooker
- Virat Kohli, Cricket
- Abhijeet Gupta, Chess
- Gagan Jeet, Bhullar Golf
- Saba Anjum, Hockey
- Rajkumari Rathore, Shooting
- Joshna Chinnappa, Squash
- Mouma Das, Table Tennis
- Neha Rathi, Wrestling
- Dharmender Dalal, Wrestling
- Amit Kumar Saroha, Athletics (Para)
- The Dronacharya Award was Instituted in 1985
- The Dronacharya Award is presented by the Indian Government for brilliance in sports coaching.
- The award consists of a bronze figurine of Dronacharya, a cash price of Rupees 500,000 and a scroll of honor.
- Shri B.I. Fernandez is the First foreign Coach who was awarded by Dronacharya Award in 2012.
- Dronacharya Award Recipients of 2013 are Poornima Mahato (Archery), Mahavir Singh(Boxing),Narinder Singh Saini (Hockey), K P Thomas (Athletics), Raj Singh(Wrestling).
Dhyan Chand Award
- It is awarded to recognize outstanding lifetime achievement by Indians in Sports and Games.
- It is presented by the Indian Government. Initiated in 2002,
- The award holds a cash prize of INR 500,000, a figurine, ceremonial dress and a scroll of honor.
- It is named after the renowned player Dhyan Chand (Indian hockey).
- Dhyan Chand Award Recipients of 2013 are Mary D’souza Sequeira, Athletics, Syed Ali, Hockey, Anil Mann, Wrestling and Girraj Singh, Para Sports (Athletics)
Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna –
- The award was initiated in 1991-92 to offer a highest national tribute in the field of sports.
- The award holds a cash prize of INR 750,000 and a scroll of honour.
- The award was formulated to present the utmost honour for exceptional sporting performance, whether by an individual or a team in all sporting disciplines in a year.
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Recipients of 2013 is Ronjan Sodhi for Shooting
- First awardee(s) of this Awards – Viswanathan Anand (Chess)
- The award was not conferred upon any sportsperson or team in the year 1993–94
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Award
- The award is Maulana Abul Kalam Azad(MAKA)Award is primarily a sports award that is basically given to inter-university tournament champions
- It is awarded by Government of Karnataka for the outstanding performance in sports.
Maharaja Ranjit Singh Award
- The award was instituted in 1978
- The Maharaja Ranjit Singh Award, is an award given by the Government of Punjab for excellence and achievement in the service of Punjab in the field of Sport
- The award was instituted in 1978 it consists of a trophy of Maharaja Ranjit Singh, honouree citation and 1 lakh Rupees
- First person in history to win the Maharaja Ranjit Singh Award was Olympian Pargat Singh
- The award was suspended for 10 years between 1996 to 2005 and initiated again in 2006
- This can be at the Olympic level, World Championship level, national and other international sporting arenas
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Tricks and Formulae2018.10.12How to prepare for bank exam without coaching?
- Announcements2018.06.06IBPS CRP RRBs VII Notification has been Released
- Announcements2018.03.05Equip Yourself with Niche Skills – Take a Giant Leap for your Career
- English2018.03.05How to Prepare for English Section of SSC CGL and IBPS PO Simultaneously?