1. The first Union Budget of independent India was presented by R. K. Shanmukham Chetty on November 26, 1947
2. On February 29 in 1964 and 1968, Morarji Desai became the only finance minister to present the Union budget on his birthday
3. Rajiv Gandhi presented the budget for 1987-89. He became the third Prime Minister to present a budget after his mother and grandfather
4. Manmohan Singh, under P. V. Narasimha Rao, in his annual budgets from 1992–93, opened the economy, and encouraged foreign investments
5. Until 1999, the Union Budget was announced at 5:00 pm on the last working day of February. This practice was inherited from the colonial era, as the British Parliament would pass the budget in the noon, and India in the evening of the day. Yashwant Sinha, the then Finance Minister of India in the NDA government of Atal Bihari Vajpayee changed the tradition by announcing the 2001 Union Budget at 11 am
6. That’s not all. The Rail Budget, which has been presented separately for 92 years, has been merged with Union Budget
- I'm a teacher who is constructing future of upcoming stars and my aim is to make youths well educated.