Daily Current Affairs – 09 April 2015
- India successfully test-fired nuclear weapons capable Dhanush missile from a ship off the Odisha coast. It can carry a nuclear payload of 500 kg.
- Government suspends registration of NGO Greenpeace India for six months due to its involvement in inciting anti-development campaigns. The decision of suspension has been made after an on-site inspection of the accounts and records of GIS in September 2014 which disclosed that it has utilised its funds for unauthorised purposes as per the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act (FCRA), 2010, under which it is registered in India.
- Report No 256 titled Eliminating Discrimination Against Persons Affected by Leprosy has been submitted by the 20th Law Commission headed by Justice (retd) Ajit Prakash Shah to the Union Ministry of Law and Justice. The term Leprosy-cured defined in The Persons with Disabilities Act, 1995 and Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill, 2014 needs to either be removed or broadened to cover all categories of Persons affected by Leprosy. In its present form it does not cover Persons affected by Leprosy who are undetected or undergoing treatment. It recommends the enactment of legislation under Article 253 of the Constitution of India that promotes the social inclusion of Persons affected by Leprosy and their family members through affirmative action.
- Government has allowed pharmaceutical companies to hike rates of 509 essential medicines used for treating various ailments like diabetes, hepatitis and cancer by 3.84 per cent with effect from April 1.
- TRAI slashes ceiling tariff for roaming. Now the Mobile calls in roaming will be cheaper by up to 23 per cent, while sending SMSes will cost up to 40 per cent less from May 1st.
- President has appointed the senior-most Election Commissioner, Dr. Nasim Zaidi as the Chief Election Commissioner after the incumbent Harishankar Brahma will retire on April 18. He is 1976 batch IAS officer.
- Maharashtra government today relaxed norms as per which Marathi films can now be screened between 12 noon to 9 pm. earlier, the government had asked the private multiplexes in the state to show Marathi movies in 6-9 pm slot.
- Centre today relaxed quality norms for wheat procurement in Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan and would ease the norms in other states after testing the grain samples to wheat farmers affected by unseasonal rains and hailstorms.
- Satyam’s founder Ramalinga Raju and nine others found guilty in multi-crore accounting fraud case by a CBI special court in Hyderabad.
- FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) limit in Insurance Sector has moved upto 49% as noticed by RBI. The approval of Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) with FDI will be allowed beyond 26% and up to 49% and FDI below 26% will be under automatic route.
- Lahore High Court today suspended the detention order against alleged 26/11 Mumbai attack mastermind Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, and ordered his immediate release.
- Parupalli Kashyap beat Korean Son Wan Ho to storm into quarterfinals of Singapore Open 2015.
- Tamil writer D Jayakanthan (81), Passed Away. His popular novel, ‘Sila Nerangalil Sila Manithargal’, which was later made into a film, won him the Sahitya Akademi Award in 1972. He was presented with Padma Bhushan in 2009, Jnanpith in 2002 and Sahitya Akademi Award in 1972.
- Noted singer EM Hanifa whose voice transcended religious lines passed away at Chennai at the age of 97. Hanifa was known for his song Iraivanidam Kaiyenthungal (look up to God he never says no) was an evergreen liked by all crossing across religious barriers.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Announcements2017.07.22IBPS Announces the Common Recruitment Process for Recruitment of Officers (Scale-I, II & III) and Office Assistant (Multipurpose) in RRB’s – CRP RRB’s VI
- Announcements2017.07.11Bandhan Bank Recruitment Notification 2017 for 5000 Vacancies – Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- Cloze Test2017.07.03Cloze Test – 3 for Banking Exams
- Cloze Test2017.07.03Cloze Test – 2 for Banking Preparation