Daily Current Affairs – 07 April 2015
- Today’s observed as World Health Day. The theme “from farm to plate, make food safe” was selected by the World Health Organisation (WHO) to bring focus on growing global burden of food borne diseases and underscore the need for coordinated cross-border action across the entire food supply chain i.e. from farm to plate. World Health Organisation (WHO) conducted various programmes across the world in close cooperation with government agencies and civil society to spread awareness on food safety issues related to the entire spectrum of food supply chain. Themes of World health day
2015: Food safety
2014: Vector-borne diseases: small bite, big threat
2013: Healthy heart beat, Healthy blood pressure
2012: Good health adds life to years
2011: Anti-microbial resistance: no action today, no cure tomorrow.
In India, Mission ‘Indradhanush’ started with a “catch-up” campaign from April to July which will cover all children up to two years and pregnant women.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has kept the repo rate and cash reserve ratio unchanged. The current repo rate is 7.50% and cash reserve ratio at 4%.
- Pratap Singh in the United Kingdom was awarded with the 500 pounds Institute of Physics (IOP) Prize. A trip to a national physics-related activity is also included in the prize. He was honoured for doing an experiment that verified an effect of Albert Einstein’s theory of special relativity.
- Dena Bank signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India to provide insurance cover to all Aadhaar-linked savings account holders of the bank in the age group of 18 to 50 years.
- State Bank of India, the country’s largest lender, today announced a reduction in its lending rate by 15 basis points to 9.85% from 10th April. HDFC Bank also followed suit by slashing its lending rate by 0.15% to 9.85% effective from April 13.
- Union Cabinet today announced 6 per cent hike in the Dearness Allowance (DA) for central government employees and pensioners with effect from 1st of January this year. DA now has gone up to 113 per cent of the basic pay from 107 per cent. It will benefit 48 lakh government employees and 55 lakh pensioners in the country.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches on tomorrow MUDRA (Micro Units Development Refinance Agency) Bank which will provide credit of up to Rs 10 lakh to small entrepreneurs and act as a regulator for ‘Micro-Finance Institutions’ (MFIs).
- Union Cabinet approves amendments to the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill to protect the interests of millions of consumers and curbed malpractices in the real estate sector. It creates a uniform regulatory mechanism across the country and enhance the growth of construction sector.
- Piplantri Village of southern Rajasthan’s Rajsamand district was in news for planting 111 trees every time on the birth of a girl child. He started the initiative in the memory of his daughter Kiran, who died a few years ago. The tradition was started by village’s former sarpanch Shyam Sundar Paliwal in 2006.
- Telecom regulatory body TRAI proposes a single number ‘112’ for all emergency phone calls across the country including for police, fire and ambulance.
- Bangladesh Cabinet has approved a revised trade deal with India under which the two nations would be able to use each other’s land and water routes for sending goods to a third country, removing a long standing barrier in regional trade.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Announcements2018.06.06IBPS CRP RRBs VII Notification has been Released
- Announcements2018.03.05Equip Yourself with Niche Skills – Take a Giant Leap for your Career
- English2018.03.05How to Prepare for English Section of SSC CGL and IBPS PO Simultaneously?
- Announcements2018.02.06Top Universities for Finance Aspirants