Daily Current Affairs – 06 April 2015
- Today’s 35th foundation day of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a National Air Quality Index (NAQI). The information on the quality of air of 10 major cities (Lucknow, Kanpur, Ahmedabad, Faridabad, Chennai, Delhi, Agra, Bangalore and Varanasi) in the country on a real-time basis will be provided by National Air Quality Index. Delhi’s air pollution has been in focus in recent months, surpassing Beijing as the most polluted city in the world.
- Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) won the prestigious Golden Peacock National Quality Award. On 20th April 2015, Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, UAE Minister for Culture, Youth and Development will present the award to DIAL at a ceremony to be held in Dubai.
- Rajeev Shukla re-appointed as the Chairman of the IPL Governing Council. It has come just one day before the opening ceremony of the IPL-8 in Kolkata. Sourav Ganguly was a new entrant to the IPL Governing Council while the senior national selection committee led by Sandeep Patil was retained. Ravi Shastri, Team India Director also remained in the IPL Governing Council. Other additions in the Governing Council are
i) Head the marketing committee – Chetan Desai from goa
ii) Chairman of the Technical committee – Anil Kumble
iii) Head the powerful finance committee – Jyotiraditya Scindia
iv) Incharge of the Tours and Programmes Committee – Gokaraju Gangaraju from Andhra Pradesh
v) Head of the Media Committee – Biswarup Dey
vi) Affiliations Committee head – Anurag Thakur
vii) Chair the Constitution Review Committee – Jagmohan Dalmiya, BCCI president
- Paris- based Syrian-Lebanese Arab poet Adonis has been chosen Kumaran Asan World Prize for poetry 2015. It consisting of a cash prize of Rs 3 lakh, a memento and citation will be presented to him on Sunday, May 3, at a function at Kayikara, birthplace of Kumaran Asan, in Thiruvananthapuram district.
- Indian Grandmaster Dronavalli Harika from Guntur, Andhra Pradesh won Bronze medal in World Women’s Chess Championships 2015 held in Sochi, Russia. Gold Medal Winner is Mariya Muzychuk (Ukraine) & Silver Medal Winner is Natalija Pogonina (Russia).
- Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis win Miami Open Women’s Doubles title.
- Novak Djokovic lifts Men’s Singles trophy.
- Malli Mastan Babu, one of the top mountaineers of India died at the age of 40. He was the fastest seven summiteers in the world and belongs to Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh. Malli Mastan Babu was the first Indian mountaineer and the fastest in world to climb the seven summits of the world in record 172 days in 2006. His dead body was recovered from Andes Mountains in South America after he went missing from 24th March. Throughout his endeavour to scale the Cerro Tres Cruces Sur Mountain he was lost. Cerro Tres Cruces Sur Mountain is the 2nd highest peak of Chile and has a height of 6749 meter.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Exams2017.11.02Government Exams – The Critical One
- Announcements2017.09.06Recruitment Application for IBPS Clerk VII is out for Vacancies of 2018-19
- Announcements2017.08.30What to Expect for IBPS PO Prelims Exam 2017 (Important Topics)
- General Awareness2017.08.22Most Asked Questions about the President of India