Daily Current Affairs – 3 August 2015
- India is going to host 2nd Forum for India-Pacific Islands Cooperation (FIPIC) which is held on on 21st August 2015 at Jaipur is expected to pave the way for agreements in agriculture, food processing, fisheries, solar energy, e-networks for coordination in telemedicine and tele-education, space cooperation and climate change.
- Department of Telecommunication banned 857 adult websites in India. The websites are listed by Centre for Internet and Society due to protect social decency. These sites include world popular porn sites like Xvideos, Pornhub and so on.
- Indian government today signed a peace accord with key Naga militant group, the Nationalist Socialist Council of Nagaland (NSCN-IM) in presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Thuingaleng Muivah of NSCN.
- Guidelines Governing Adoption of Children 2015” came into effect after it was notified by Union Government. Effective regulation for adoption of orphan, abandoned and surrendered children and to bring more transparency and efficiency in the adoption system is the main motive of the newly introduced guidelines. Adoption agencies will conduct and upload the home study reports online. Both in domestic and in international adoption, Post-adoption follow-up shall be posted online in CARINGS. CARINGS will accept all the applications online and requisite documents need to be uploaded in the system in cases of inter-country adoption. For monitoring adoption programme at the district level, District Child Protection Units (DCPUs) are connected in CARINGS.
- Indian women’s recurve team of Rimil Buriuly,Deepika Kumari and Laxmirani Majhi won a silver medal at the World Archery Championships in Copenhagen, Denmark. In the final clash against Russians, the Indian trio lost the World Championship final and settled for the silver.
- The government of Myanmar declared emergency as the flood situation is worsened. Twenty seven people are killed in floods in Myanmar and more thousands of houses washes away. Authorities are struggling to rescue people.
- US President Barack Obama has unveiled the version of greenhouse gases from coal-fired power plants, kicking off what is expected to be a tumultuous legal battle between federal environmental regulators and the coal industry with an aimed at ushering in a sweeping transformation of the U.S. electricity sector, encouraging an aggressive shift toward more renewable energy away from coal-fired electricity. The revised Clean Power Plan will seek to slash carbon emissions from the power sector by 32 percent by 2030 from 2005 levels, a 9 percent increase over a previous proposal.
- Tiju Thomas, an Indian diplomat with the Indian consulate in Dubai, headed an initiative to make blood from rare groups accessible to those in need through a website www.blooddonors.ae . He found that nearly 42% of the blood units collected is required by thalasaemia patients. The initiative was launched on 21st June 2015 i.e International Yoga Day and came up as the fisrt and the biggest donor directory in United Arab Emirates (UAEs).
- European Organisation for Nuclear Research (also known as CERN), has formally conferred its associate membership on Pakistan. It will allow the Pakistani industry to bid for CERN contracts and also allow Pakistani scientists to become members of the CERN staff, and to participate in CERN’s training and career-development programs.
- Indian gymnast Dipa Karmakar won bronze medal in Asian Gymnastic Championships played at Hiroshima, Japan. Chinese Yan Wang stood in the first place with 14,988 points.
- US tennis player Serena Williams held on to the lead in the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) rankings released today with 12,721 points. Top 3 rankings are as follows:
1) Serena Williams (US) with 12,721 points
2) Maria Sharapova (Russia) with 6,490 points
3) Simona Halep (Romania) with 5,151 points
- Former Madhya Pradesh minister and senior BJP leader Jagannath Singh passed away.
- Lynn Anderson, the US singer passed away in Nashville, US due to heart attack. He was 67. She won a Grammy award for Rose Garden in 1971. This singer also appeared in many television series.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Announcements2017.05.26Banking Exams: Tentative Dates, Eligibility Criteria and Salary
- Announcements2017.05.24How to prepare for IBPS Bank exam? Easy Shortcuts, Tips & Tricks
- General Computer Knowledge2017.05.22Computer Aptitude Practice Set – 2017
- Announcements2017.05.18SBI PO Main Exam Preparation Strategy & Exam Pattern Expected