Daily Current Affairs – 16 April 2015
- India successfully test fired Surface-to-Surface Agni III ballistic missile from the Wheelar Isalnd off the Odisha coast in the Bay of Bengal. This missile has a range of 3000 km’s. It is developed surface-to-surface missile, protected by a carbon all-composite heat shield, blasted off at 9.55 this morning from a mobile launcher at Integrated Test Range in Wheeler Island of Dhamra. Agni-III has a length of 17 metres and launch weight of around 48 tonnes.
- India and Canada today signed a MoU to take ‘concrete measures’ to expand bilateral cooperation in key areas including the economy, trade and investment, civil nuclear cooperation, energy, education and skills development, agriculture, defence and security, science, technology, innovation and space, culture, people-to-people ties, and regional and global issues, with Prime Minister Narendra Modi commending his Canadian counterpart Stephen Harper for maintaining the relationship between the North American country and India via his visits to New Delhi.
- Canadian Prime Minister, Stephen Harper has been gifted a miniature painting titled Guru Nanak Dev with his two disciples Bhai Bala and Bhai Mardana, sitting beside him is painted in the traditional Indian miniature style by Prime Minister Narendra Modi during an official visit to Canada.
- BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited) signed a MoU with Russian company INTMA to set up a gas-based power project in Kazakhstan and as per this deal both will assist each other in the implementation of this to further its presence in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) countries.
- Defense Minister Manohar Parrikar is on a visit to South Korea to boost defence ties in India-RoK (Republic of Korea) Defence Ministerial meeting with his Korean counterpart Gen. Han Min-Koo tomorrow.
- India Post office today released special commemorative stamps to mark 50 years of Indo-French co-operation in space research as Manuel Valls, Prime Minister of France and François Hollande, President of France.
- US President Barack Obama writes article on Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Time Magazine as Mr Modi, laid out an ambitious vision to reduce extreme poverty, improve education, empower women and girls and unleash India’s true economic potential while confronting climate change.
- Two scientists Susanta Lahiri and Kattesh V. Katti received Hevesy Medal Award 2015 for their contributions in the fields of radio and nuclear chemistry. Mr. Susanta Lahiri is a Professor at Chemical Sciences Division, Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics in Kolkata and he won the award for his contributions to heavy ion induced radioisotope production, converter targets, green chemistry and tracer packet technique while Mr. Kattesh V. Katti is a professor at the Cedntre for Radiological Research, University of Missouri in Columbia, the US. His research interests in the domain of Nano Science and Technology include exploring chemical, biophysical, magnetic and photo physical properties, which are unique to specific nanoparticulates, toward the design and development of sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic agents.
- The UN peace envoy to Yemen, Jamal Benomar, has resigned.
- Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar was selected as member of prestigious Laureus Sports Academy at the 16th Laureus World Sports Awards ceremony in Shanghai, China.
- Asia Cup 2016 is set to undergo a radical change and will be a Twenty20 competition instead of the 50-over game, outgoing Asian Cricket Council (ACC) chief executive Syed Ashraful Haq revealed today.
- Ace Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal defeated China’s Li Xuerui dropped a couple of rungs to third in the latest list and she got 1st Rank in same.
Former Nepal Prime Minister Surya Bahadur Thapa passed away. He is 86 years old and served as Prime Minister of Nepal for five terms, under three different Kings, in a political career spanning more than 50 years.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Announcements2017.09.06Recruitment Application for IBPS Clerk VII is out for Vacancies of 2018-19
- Announcements2017.08.30What to Expect for IBPS PO Prelims Exam 2017 (Important Topics)
- General Awareness2017.08.22Most Asked Questions about the President of India
- Announcements2017.08.14Application for Common Recruitment for Recruitment of Probationary Officers / Management Trainees