Daily Current Affairs – 15 July 2015
- Krishnapatnam Port in Andhra Pradesh has been awarded Golden Peacock environment management award for its achievements and initiatives in the field of environment. It was presented during the 17th World Congress on Environment Management to C Sasidhar, Managing Director of Krishnapatnam Port by Union Minister of State for Environment Prakash Javadekar in New Delhi.
- Union Government has cleared worth over 30,000 crore rupees for buying four more P81 long-range maritime patrol aircraft for the navy and to replace army’s 60s vintage air defence guns. Decision in this regard by was taken by Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) chaired by Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar.
- Iran and P5+1 countries comprising of the United States, the United Kingdom (UK), Russia, China, France and Germany on 14 July 2015 reached an agreement on the Iran nuclear programme. which is also known as Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPA) or Vienna agreement and almost uninterrupted negotiations in Vienna involving foreign ministers of seven countries.Now, the Vienna agreement needs to be ratified by the UN Security Council (UNSC) and will come into force 90 days later. The IR-6 and IR-8 centrifuges will be tested at laboratory level in the first 8 years of the Iran Deal. The excess centrifuges will be stored on-site in Natanz. A violation of the deal could lead to the automatic “snap-back” of sanctions within 65 days, if a dispute-resolution process failed. The UN ban on Iranian student’s ability to study nuclear physics will be lifted. The deal also provides for the lifting of economic sanctions imposed outside of the EU, like the banking and insurance restrictions on Iran by the EU and the US. International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), UN’s nuclear watchdog, signed a separate agreement with Iran on the military aspects of its nuclear activities. The separate agreement focuses on the issue of the Parchin military site. Iran also agreed to store no more than 300 kg of low-enriched uranium. The Arak reactor would not be used to produce plutonium under the deal. The spent fuel would be handled by international mediators.
- Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh launched 3 web portals viz.
1) Soil Health Card portal – for registration of soil samples, recording test results of soil samples and generation of Soil Health Card (SHC) along with fertilizer recommendations.
2) Fertilizer Quality Control System (FQCS) portal – configurable workflow application developed by NIC for processing of sample collection, testing and generation of analysis reports.
3) Participatory Guarantee System (PGS) – certifying organic products which ensures agriculture production process in accordance with the standards laid down for organic products and that desired quality has been maintained. This group certification system is supported by Paramaparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY) scheme.
- Madhya Pradesh government has appointed Rakesh Sahni as the Chairman of Narmada Valley Development Authority (NVDA). He is IAS officer of 1972 batch and had retired after serving post of chief secretary of States. After his retirement he also served as the Chairman of MP Electricity Regulatory Commission.
- PetroFed Oil & Gas Industry Awards 2014 were conferred by the Petroleum Federation of India in 11 categories for performance during the financial year 2013-14. The awardees are as follows:
i) Company of the Year award – ONGC as Project Management (500-2000 crore rupees)
ii) Environmental Sustainability Company of the Year – BPCL
iii) Exploration & Production Company of the Year – Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC)
iv) Innovator of the Year- Individual category was conferred on Gnana Kumaraswamy Batta, Senior Geophysicist, Oil India Limited.
v) Marketing Company of the Year and the Human Resources Management Company of the Year – IOC
vi) State-owned Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) won the Leading Oil & Gas Corporate of the Year award.
vii) The Oil & Gas Pipeline Transportation Company of the Year award – Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd (HPCL).
viii) The Game Changer- Oil & Gas Company of the Year was conferred on IOC and LanzaTech Inc.
ix) The Woman Executive of the Year – Mamoni Basumatary, Senior Manager (Technical Services) from IOC’s Guwahati Refinery.
x) The Innovator of the Year-Team award was bagged by the Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd (BPCL).
- Ajay Kumar Pandey was appointed as new Managing Director and Group CEO of Gandhinagar based Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City). He will succeed Ramakant Jha as he was appointed as CEO of Mumbai based IL&FS’s Smart City initiative. Jha was associated with GIFT City project since November 2009.
- Scientists at CERN’s Large Hadron Collider (LHC) have discovered a new class of exotic subatomic particles called the Pentaquarks. The discovery was made by the scientist’s after watching the decaying of a subatomic type particle known as the Lambda B baryon. The team of scientists who have discovered the pentaquark has submitted a paper reporting these findings to the journal Physical Review Letters. The discovery amounting to new state of matter was made during Large Hadron Collider beauty (LHCb) experiment at LHC in CERN, Geneva. The discovery of pentaquark is a significant development as so far the search for this sub-atomic particle has been proved to be inconclusive.
- India won the three-match One Day International (ODI) Series against Zimbabwe 3-0 played in Harare. In the third match of series India scored 276 runs at a loss of five and in reply to the target Zimbabwe was bowled out at the score of 193 in 42.4 over. In Indian innings was a fine unbeaten 105 by Kedar Jadhav off just 87 balls. It was his maiden international century. Manish Pandey contributed 71 runs.
Man of the Match: Kedar Jadhav for his 87-ball 105
Man of the Series: Ambati Rayudu
1st Match: Played at Harare Sports Club, Harare on 10 July 2015, India won the match by 4 runs.
2nd Match: Played at Harare Sports Club, Harare on 12 July 2015, India won the match by 62 runs.
3rd Match: Played at Harare Sports Club, Harare on 14 July 2015, India won the match by 83 runs.
- Manayangath Subramanian Viswanathan passed away in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. He was 87. The veteran musician had composed music for over a thousand films in Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam and was fondly called as the King of Light Music (Mellisai Mannar in Tamil). He has the distinction of having worked with 4 chief ministers from the film world. They are MG Ramachandran, NT Ramarao, M.Karunanidhi and J.Jayalalithaa.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Announcements2017.07.22IBPS Announces the Common Recruitment Process for Recruitment of Officers (Scale-I, II & III) and Office Assistant (Multipurpose) in RRB’s – CRP RRB’s VI
- Announcements2017.07.11Bandhan Bank Recruitment Notification 2017 for 5000 Vacancies – Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- Cloze Test2017.07.03Cloze Test – 3 for Banking Exams
- Cloze Test2017.07.03Cloze Test – 2 for Banking Preparation