Daily Current Affairs – 15 April 2015
- PM Modi arrived Canada on the final leg of his three-nation visit to inked a total of 13 deals in the area of skill development. The $350-million uranium agreement, which was signed by Cameco and the Atomic Energy Commission of India in the presence of Prime Ministers of India and Canada, marked a new chapter in India’s ties with Canada, which had imposed sanctions on India after its nuclear tests.
- Dr. Mohan Kumar was appointment as Ambassador of India to France. Dr. Mohan Kumar is a 1981-batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer, earlier he was serving as Ambassador of India to Bahrain. He will be succeeding Arun Kumar who was appointed Ambassador to the United States.
- Karnataka Health Minister U.T. Khader has inaugurated two-wheeler bike ambulances in Bengaluru as a “platinum ten minutes” trauma care initiative.
- Meenakshi Madan Rai swore in as the first lady judge of the Sikkim HC. Her oath of the office was directed by the Governor Srinivas Patil at Ashirwad Hall at Raj Bhavan in Gangtok. Now the state has the full strength of three judges after one year gap.
- Government has formed an inter-ministerial committee headed by Cabinet Secretary Ajit Seth to review the Official Secrets Act in the context of the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose files.
- Foreign Minister of Belarus, Vladimir Makei is on a three-day visit to India to enhance their bilateral ties especially in the field of trade and economy.
- The statue of Mahatma Gandhi was defaced by a group of people calling him a racist in Johannesburg, South Africa. The group had posters that say: Racist Gandhi must fall.
- Normandy Group fifth foreign ministers meeting were held in Berlin, the capital of Germany to facilitate a diplomatic resolution to the ongoing conflict between the Ukraine Army and pro-Russia forces in the Donbass region of Ukraine. Normandy Quartet or Normandy Group is a group of four countries including Ukraine, Germany, Russia and France.
- Team India retained the second position in International One Day rankings. India has 116 points and is trailing behind Australia which has 122 points. South Africa is in the third place with 112 points and is followed by Sri Lanka, New Zealand, England and Pakistan.
- Former South African cricketer Allan Donald resigned from bowling coach of South Africa Cricket team. The resignation concurred with the end of his four year tenure. In 2004, he retired from the first class cricket and he took 330 wickets from 70 Tests and 272 wickets from 164 ODIs in his career as a right-arm fast bowler.
Assamese film director Bidyut Chakraborthy passed away in Guwahati at the age of 55 years. He won many hearts with his successful films like Goon Goon Gaane Gaane, Raag Biraag and Dwaar. He won Indira Gandhi national award for Raag Biraag.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Announcements2017.05.26Banking Exams: Tentative Dates, Eligibility Criteria and Salary
- Announcements2017.05.24How to prepare for IBPS Bank exam? Easy Shortcuts, Tips & Tricks
- General Computer Knowledge2017.05.22Computer Aptitude Practice Set – 2017
- Announcements2017.05.18SBI PO Main Exam Preparation Strategy & Exam Pattern Expected