Daily Current Affairs – 02 April 2015
- Today’s observed as world autism awareness day. This day was adopted on 18 December 2007, it was proposed by Qatar, and supported by all UN member states. The theme of this year is Employment: The Autism Advantage.
- Today’s observed as International Children’s Book day. It is observed to commemorate Danish author Hans Christian Andersen’s birthday. This day is sponsored by the International Board on Books for Young People (IBBY), an international non-profit organization.
- Today’s observed as Mahavir Jayanti across India.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) celebrates its 80th Anniversary today. It was established on 1st April 1935. Prime Minister asks RBI to prepare a 20-year roadmap for financial inclusion; asks banks to take a considerate view in lending to the poor.
- Odisha Government has launched ‘Aahar’- cheap meal scheme for providing subsidised food to non-rural poor. On the occasion of the foundation day of the state i.e. Utkala Dibasa, Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik initiated the scheme at the Capital Hospital in Bhubaneswar. he aim of the scheme is to provide meal at Rs. 5 to the non-rural poor. Each Aahar outlet will cater to a thousand people daily between 11 am and 3 pm. The scheme is supported by
a) Odisha Mining Corporation (OMC) in Cuttack and Bhubaneswar
b) Odisha Power Generation Corporation (OPGC) in Rourkela
c) Odisha Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (IDCO) in Sambalpur
d) Tata Steel is sponsoring the scheme in Berhampur.
- India has agreed to help Colombo in evacuating its nationals from strife-torn Yemen.
- Maharashtra Government to construct 56 lakh toilets in the state by 2019 under the cleanliness campaign of central government. Ambassadors will be appointed at village level to ensure rural sanitation and half of them will be women.
- A non-bailable arrest warrant was issued today against former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf by a court for repeatedly failing to appear in the 2007 murder case of Lal Masjid cleric Abdul Rashid Ghazi.
- New Zealand captain Brendon McCullum has been awarded Sir Richard Hadlee medal, the country’s highest cricketing honour, for his inspirational leadership and exemplary batting at a glittering ceremony, in Auckland.
- Saina Nehwal today reached the quarterfinals of the Malaysia Open Super Series premier badminton by beating Xue Yao of China.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Announcements2017.07.22IBPS Announces the Common Recruitment Process for Recruitment of Officers (Scale-I, II & III) and Office Assistant (Multipurpose) in RRB’s – CRP RRB’s VI
- Announcements2017.07.11Bandhan Bank Recruitment Notification 2017 for 5000 Vacancies – Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- Cloze Test2017.07.03Cloze Test – 3 for Banking Exams
- Cloze Test2017.07.03Cloze Test – 2 for Banking Preparation