Daily Current Affairs – 05 June 2015
- Today’s observed as World Environment Day. World Environment Day 2015 celebrations are being held in Italy and will continue till 31st of October this year. More than 140 countries are participating in these celebrations. This day was established by the United Nations General Assembly in 1972 on the day that United Nations Conference on the Human Environment began. Theme of the year 2015 is “One World, One Environment”. Italy is the host country for the WED 2015 and the celebrations will be organized by Expo Milano 2015 which will run from 1st May to 31st October 2015 and will see the participation of more than 140 countries.
- Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways and Shipping, Nitin Gadkari inaugurated the India’s first of its kind State-of-the-Art Tier-I Oil Spill Response Centre for Mumbai & JNPT Harbour.
- Maharashtra Government is considering having an Internal Security Act wherein all stakeholders will be made accountable for maintaining law and order.
- Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Limited (IREDA) was awarded the Miniratna (Cateogry -1) status by the Department of Public Enterprises under the Union Ministry of Heavy Industry and Public Enterprises. This allows IREDA to make capital expenditure on purchase of equipment, new projects, modernization etc. without any approval from Government up to 500 crores rupees, or equal to their net worth, whichever is lower.
- Maharashtra government has decided to initiate physical, mental and spiritual training for prisoners across the state to help inmates come out of depression
- Facebook has released Facebook Lite, a Lite version of its application for people using Android smart phones in places where wireless data bandwidth is scarce.
- India and the United States (US) signed the 2015 Framework for the India-US Defence Relationship signed by the Ashton Carter, US Secretary of Defence and India’s Defence Minister, Manohar Parrikar to provides direction for high level strategic discussions, continued exchanges between armed forces of both countries, and strengthening of defence capabilities and identifies the transformative nature of the Trade Initiative (DTTI) and Defence Technology.
- India has signed a deal with the World Bank for a $400 million loan for an urban development project in Tamil Nadu o improve urban services in urban local bodies and improvement in services including water, sewerage, municipal solid waste, urban transportation, sewerage management and storm water drainage. The objective of the project is to improve urban services in participating Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) in a financially sustainable manner. The total project size is 600 million US dollars.
- AB De Villiers is conferred the South Africa Cricketer of the year 2015 award. This is the second year that he received this award. He has joined Makhaya Ntini who received the award in successive years- 2005 and 2006 by receiving the award for two consecutive years 2014 & 2015.
- Sundaram Ravi was inducted into the Elite Panel of International Cricket Council (ICC) Umpires for 2015-2016
- Saina Nehwal of India entered the women’s singles quarter finals of Indonesia open. The ace shuttler from India defeated her Chinese opponent Hsu Ya Ching and confirmed her place in quarter finals.
- Machettira Raju Poovamma and Liksy Joseph won silver in the 21st Asian Athletics Championships.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Announcements2018.06.06IBPS CRP RRBs VII Notification has been Released
- Announcements2018.03.05Equip Yourself with Niche Skills – Take a Giant Leap for your Career
- English2018.03.05How to Prepare for English Section of SSC CGL and IBPS PO Simultaneously?
- Announcements2018.02.06Top Universities for Finance Aspirants