Daily Current Affairs – 04 June 2015
- Today’s observed as International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression with aims to expanded to “acknowledge the pain suffered by children throughout the world who are the victims of physical, mental and emotional abuse.
- Syed Asif Ibrahim, former Director of Intelligence Bureau was appointed as the Prime Minister’s Special Envoy on Countering Terrorism and Extremism. He will work out of the National Security Council (NSC) Secretariat in New Delhi and report to National Security Advisor (NSA) Ajit Doval. He will be collaborating with governments in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Asia, in setting up mechanism for the exchange of intelligence and information on terror groups.
- Jharkhand Special Courts Ordinance, 2015 was approved by Jharkhand Cabinet. Cabinet meet chaired by Chief Minister Raghubar Das, the decision was made. These courts will enable prosecution of individuals responsible for hoarding black money and confiscate the illegal acquired property of the guilty.
- The Delhi Metro received its first train which is capable of running without a driver which is manufactured at Changwan in South Korea, the new-age train that arrived at the Mukundpur depot in New Delhi will eventually run unattended, guided by Delhi Metro’s operations control centers. Delhi metro is the first to introduce this train in its phase-III by December 2016. The train will run with a speed of 85 kmph and the maximum speed is 95 kmph.
- Suresh Kalmadi as conferred with Asian Athletics Association (AAA) President’s award for his contribution towards the development of athletics in Asian continent. The award was received by the President of Athletics Federation of India, Adille Sumariwala on behalf of Kalmadi at the function held in Wuhan, China. Suresh Kalmadi introduced event like Asian Grand Prix series, Asian Indoor Championships and Asian All Star Meet. He was the president of AAA for around 13 years. Later Dahlan Al-Hamad of Qatar became the president of AAA.
- India and five other nations (Australia, Canada, Costa Rica, Indonesia and New Zealand) have joined a multilateral agreement for automatic exchange of financial information, a move that will help it combat tax evasion and deal with the problem of black money. The total number of countries which have agreed to share financial information has now gone up to 60, including Switzerland.
- JP Nadda, Union Health Minister launched a Website and Mobile App of Mission Indradhanush aimed at reducing Infant Mortality Rate in the country.
- Inderjeet Singh won gold medal in men’s shot by tugged the iron ball to a new championship record of 20.41 meter in his fourth attempt at 21st Asian Athletics Championships held from 3rd June to 7th June at Wuhan, China. He became the 8th Indian shot putter to win a gold medal in the history of Asian championships. China athlete Chang Ming Huang won Silver by throwing the ball at 19.56 m.
- Maharashtra government has invoked stringent provisions of the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) against ration mafia with aims at weeding out the widespread corruption by taking stringent action against those who tamper the public distribution system (PDS) mechanism.
- Six more states – Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Uttarakhand, Telangana, Assam and Jammu and Kashmir – banned Maggi noodles, a day after the Delhi government and the Indian Army banned it. Maggi instant noodles are now banned by state government of Delhi after the high levels of lead (seven times) are said to be found in Maggi noodles in preliminary testing. On the other hand Nestle said Maggi is safe to eat as the lead levels are within the limits specified by food regulations.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Announcements2017.05.26Banking Exams: Tentative Dates, Eligibility Criteria and Salary
- Announcements2017.05.24How to prepare for IBPS Bank exam? Easy Shortcuts, Tips & Tricks
- General Computer Knowledge2017.05.22Computer Aptitude Practice Set – 2017
- Announcements2017.05.18SBI PO Main Exam Preparation Strategy & Exam Pattern Expected