Daily Current Affairs – 02 May 2015
- Today Telangana State celebrates the first anniversary of his foundation.
- Today Prime Minister Narendra Modi decided to un-evil the train Gatiman Express on 9th June 2015. It is a semi high speed train between Delhi to Agra for its trial run. Its speed is 160 Km/hr.
- Meena Hemchandra appointed as the Executive Director (ED) of Reserve Bank of India (RBI). She has replaced Chandan Sinha, who will now look after Financial Markets Regulation Department (including Market Intelligence), Department of Payment and Settlement Systems, Foreign Exchange Department and Department of Information Technology. Meena will look after Department of Non-Banking Supervision, Department of Co-operative Banking Supervision and Department of Banking Supervision. Chandan Sinha will look after Financial Markets Regulation Department, Payment and Settlement system and Department of Information Technology.
- Maharashtra government banned the sale of loose cigarettes in the state as decided by state health department.
- Amit Jain was appointed as the President of US-based taxi hailing app Uber’s India. He will be responsible for running all business strategy, operations and growth in a market of global strategic importance for Uber. An Uber cab service was launched in India in 2013. The service is providing transport facility to millions of consumers in India today and is considered safe and dependable.
- K Sivan was appointed as the Director of the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC). He took the charge on the day of his appointment and replaced M Chandradathan, who passed away in May 2015. Prior to this appointment, he was the Distinguished Scientist and Director at Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre (LPSC).
- The Government of Mauritius announced Ameenah Gurib-Fakim as new President of the Indian Ocean island nation. She is first woman to hold the ceremonial position of President of Mauritius. Now the parliament will approve her appointment which is expected to be done by 4th June 2015. Ameena is a biologist and scientist. Mauritius did never had a woman president since it got independence from Britain in 1968. Final Nod of Parliament is awaited before Ameena Gurib takes over as the president.
- Philipose G Pynumootil was appointed as the Assistant Chief of Naval staff (Air). He has commanded the Guided Missile Frigate INS Brahmaputra, INS Nashak, the missile corvette INS Kirpan and the 1241 RE corvette. Earlier to this appointment, Pynumootil served as the Principal Director of Aircraft Acquisition. He graduated from National Defence Academy and was commissioned in Indian Navy in 1986. He studied M Phil in Strategic Studies and PG in Defence Studies.
- P Kunhikrishnan was appointed as the Director of Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) SHAR. Previously, he was the Deputy Director at Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC). He has replaced MYS Prasad, who passed away in May 2015. SDSC Shar is located near Sullurupeta on an Island in Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh.
- S Somanath was appointed as the Director of Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre (LPSC). He has replaced K Sivan, who took over as the Director of the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC). Previously, he was an Associate Director (Projects), VSSC as well as Project Director of GSLV Mk-III. LPSC is located at Trivandrum, Kerala and works under the ISRO.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Tricks and Formulae2018.10.12How to prepare for bank exam without coaching?
- Announcements2018.06.06IBPS CRP RRBs VII Notification has been Released
- Announcements2018.03.05Equip Yourself with Niche Skills – Take a Giant Leap for your Career
- English2018.03.05How to Prepare for English Section of SSC CGL and IBPS PO Simultaneously?