Daily Current Affairs – 8th November 2014
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday arrived at his parliamentary constituency Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh on a two-day visit during which he will attend a string of events. This is Modi’s maiden visit to the city after becoming the prime minister. Modi was received at Babatpur airport by UP Governor Ram Naik, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and senior officials. Prime Minister Narendra Modi reaches Varanasi to adopt a village, Jayapur under his “Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana”.
- Barack Obama, US President, decided to nominate Loretta Lynch as new Attorney General. At present she is acting as United States Attorney for the Eastern District of New York.
- The Navy has ordered a Board of Inquiry into the sinking of a Torpedo Recovery Vessel off the Visakhapatnam coast last night that left a sailor dead. In view of the incident, Navy Chief Admiral R K Dhowan, who is on a four-day visit to Seychelles till November 9, is cutting short his visit to reach Visakhapatnam, Navy officials said.
- New Goa CM is Laxmikant Parsekar. He is an old RSS hand who helped to build BJP in Goa. He took sworn today at Raj Bhavan. This ceremony was administered by Mridula Sinha Governor.
- President Pranab Mukherjee arrived on a two-day visit to Bhutan and was received by the King and his wife in a special gesture. King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck along with his wife turned up unexpectedly at the airport as a special gesture to receive Mukherjee, the first Indian head of state to visit to the country in 26 years.
- HAL Received two awards for IT Adoption and Innovation 2014 in New Delhi. On behalf of the company awards was received by RK Tyagi, Chairman. These awards were presented by Ram Vilas Paswan Minister for Consumer Affairs Food and Public Distribution and Kalraj Mishra Union Minister of Micro, Small, Medium Enterprises. Company achieved these awards for publication focusing on governance related issues.
- As part of the ‘Make in India’ programme, the Government will set up 12 advanced training institutes for vocational instructors in public-private partnership mode in the first phase at a cost of Rs. 200 crore. Overall, the DGE&T, an apex organisation for development and coordination of vocational training in India, has decided to set up 27 such institutes to train vocational instructors throughout the country.
- Aasara Pension scheme launched by KCR Telangana CM at Kothur Mahboobnagar. This scheme is for handicapped, widows and old people. Under this scheme handicapped will get Rs.1500 per month and Old and widow people will get Rs.1000 per month.
- Recognising the evolving global terror threats, India and Israel have resolved to deepen cooperation in fighting the menace and collaborate in the field of cyber security. During a meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, visiting Home Minister Rajnath Singh last night discussed the regional situation and the evolving threats to the global community from terror.
- Ambati Rayudu slammed his maiden hundred as India produced yet another comprehensive batting performance to beat Sri Lanka by six wickets in the second One Day International. India now lead five-match series 2-0. Batting first, Sri Lanka scored 274 for eight in stipulated 50 overs with skipper Angelo Mathews scoring 92. In reply, India never looked in any sort of trouble as they chased down the target with minimum fuss in only 44.3 overs.
- 2014 Business Today Yes Bank Emerging Companies Excellence Awards achieved by PEBS (Pennar Engineered Building Systems Ltd) Pennar.
- As part of the Indo-Dutch action plan, a Rs 18 crore Centre of Excellence for fruits, vegetables and flowers will be set up in Thiruvanathapuram to conduct training and awareness sessions on poly house cultivation. Of this amount, the central government will put in Rs eight crore and the state government the remaining Rs 10 crore, a release said. The inputs needed for the same, such as hybrid seeds, fertilisers and the like will also be provided by the Centre.
- According to the latest Salary Trends survey by ECA International, the biggest pay rise in the region has been forecast in Pakistan where companies are anticipating 12 percent rise on an average. For Indian employees the average hike has been forecast at 10.9 percent. Inflation expected to be slightly lower next year wages will increase more in real terms in 2015 than they did this year when they rose just 2.7 percent above inflation.
- Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Sushri Uma Bharti has said that every agricultural field in the country will have irrigation facility in the next ten years. Inaugurating the National Convention of Presidents of Water Users’ Associations (WUAs) on Participatory Irrigation Management (PIM) here today, the Minister said availability of water for utilization needs to be augmented to meet increasing demands through efficient use of water in all the sectors.
- US Trade Representative (USTR) Michael Froman will lead the American delegation to the India-US Trade Policy Forum (TPF) to be held in New Delhi later this month, an official announcement said. Commerce and Industry Minister Nirmala Sitharaman would be leading the Indian side at the meet scheduled for November 25, which is the premier bilateral forum for discussion and resolution of trade and investment issues between the two countries.
- Signing a treaty on transfer of sentenced persons between Nigeria and India approved by Union Cabinet. Treaty was approved under the Repatriation of Prisoners Act 2003. This treaty will facilitate Indian Prisoners imprisoned in Nigeria and vice versa.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Exams2017.11.02Government Exams – The Critical One
- Announcements2017.09.06Recruitment Application for IBPS Clerk VII is out for Vacancies of 2018-19
- Announcements2017.08.30What to Expect for IBPS PO Prelims Exam 2017 (Important Topics)
- General Awareness2017.08.22Most Asked Questions about the President of India