Daily Current Affairs – 6th November 2014
- Guru Nanak Jayanti observed on 6th November 2014. He is the first Sikh Guru. For the Sikhism this is one of the most sacred festivals. He is the founder of the Sikhism who born on 15th April 1469.
- First ever Dandauti Parikrama of the holy city Mathura Started. This refers to the practice of covering the entire distance of Parikrama by lying down and rolling over.
- Economic Outlook 2014 released by Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. As per this Economic Outlook, in 2014 Global growth is projected to reach 3.3 %, 3.7 % in 2015 and 3.9 % in 2016.
- Labour MP of the year 2014 is Nigel Keith Anthony Standish Vaz Indian origin British Politician. He achieved this award for his valuable work for underrepresented deprived and minority sections of the country.
- World’s tallest hybrid wind generator turbine in Kutch installed by Suzlon Energy who is the largest wind turbine manufacturer. This was installed in Kutch Gujarat. It helps to generate 12 to 15 % more energy.
- Route of Migratory Bird Amur Falcon tracked by the Scientists for the first time. They had stated that a satellite tagged Amur arrived almost a year after it started its journey. This bird was released on 7th November 2013 in Doyang forests in Wokha district of Nagaland and it had returned on 29th October 2014. It had travelled from Nagaland to South Africa on to Mongolia and back to Nagaland.
- Infosys Plans to hire 2100 people in US over next few months. Company plan is to expand capabilities across domains including cloud, analytics, big data and digital.
- India stood at 7th place in World List for Peer citations in Research Journals. India stood at 2nd rank in the Asiatic region. In this Asiatic region first place was attained by China. India is having 14000 citations where as China is having 36000 citable documents in the accounting, management and business area.
- Jet Airways Cargo instituted a policy against shipment of Shark fins. This policy is to protect declining shark populations as well as to save marine ecosystems. This decision was released by Human Society International India.
- World’s Most Powerful People 2014 list was released by the Forbes. This list gives the annual ranking of the World’s most 72 Most Powerful People on the basis of many parameters like their scope and use of power, the number of people they impact and financial resources.
Here few top people are by decreasing ranking :
Vladimir Putin – President of Russia
Barack Obama – President of US
Xi Jinping – President of China
Angela Merkel – German politician and Leader of the Christian Democratic Union.
- Signing a treaty on transfer of sentenced persons between Nigeria and India approved by Union Cabinet. Treaty was approved under the Repatriation of Prisoners Act 2003. This treaty will facilitate Indian Prisoners imprisoned in Nigeria and vice versa.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi adopted village named Jayapur located in Varanasi under newly inaugurated scheme named Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY), as you must be aware of that Varanasi is the Lok Sabha constituency of PM himself.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Announcements2018.03.05Equip Yourself with Niche Skills – Take a Giant Leap for your Career
- English2018.03.05How to Prepare for English Section of SSC CGL and IBPS PO Simultaneously?
- Announcements2018.02.06Top Universities for Finance Aspirants
- Announcements2018.02.06Popular Universities offering Banking Courses