Daily Current Affairs – 4th November 2014
- Today’s Unity day observed in Russia. Its significance is expelling the Polish occupation forces from Moscow in November 1612, end of the Time of Troubles and the Polish-Muscovite War (from 1605 to 1618). It celebrates by Flag hoisting, Parades, Fireworks, Award ceremonies, singing patriotic songs and the National anthem, Speeches by the President, entertainment and cultural programs. On this day, national holiday in Russian Federation
- Today’s the Day of Ashura observed in the world by Shi’a Muslims and Sunni Muslims. It is on the tenth day of Muharram in the Islamic calendar and marks the climax of the Remembrance of Muharram.It is also called Hosay, Tabuik, Tabot. It celebrates in Islamic and national (In some countries such as Afghanistan, Iran, Turkey, Lebanon, Pakistan, Iraq, and India). Its significance is marks the martyrdom of Husayn ibn Ali according to Shi’a Islam; The day that Moses fasted as gratitude for the liberation of the Israelites according to Sunni Islam) and observances as Mourn and derive messages from Husayn’s “sacrifice” (Shi’a Islam) & fasting (Sunni Islam).
- Mallikarjun Kharge, a leader of Congress in Lok Sabha is selected into the three-member CIC selection committee. The committee will select the Chief Information Commissioner (CIC). The other two members of the committee are Prime Minister Narendra Modi (as head) and Union Finance and Defence Minister Arun Jaitely.
- Manmohan Singh Former Prime Minister of India Chosen for Japan’s Top National Award. Name of this national award is The Grand Cordon of the Order of the Paulownia Flowers 2014. He was selected for his contribution to the enhancement of relations between India and Japan for about 35 years.
- Law Commission headed by Retired Justice A P Shah recommended repeal of 73 more obsolete statutes inclusive of 258. The panel recommended repeal of 258 laws which are clogging the statute books as they have lost their relevance.
- Indian Language Internet Alliance (ILIA) is the new ambitious alliance formed by Internet search engine Google to promote the growth of Indic language content online. Aim is to make available local languages content on the internet and to bring 300 million Indians online by 2017. The alliance will accelerate building Indian language content for Indians who will come online for the first time, mostly via smartphones and mobile devices.
- Justice Mukul Mudgal Committee submitted its final report on IPL Spot fixing to the Supreme Court (SC) in a sealed envelope to the two-judge SC bench of Justice TS Thakur and Ibrahim Kalifulla who are hearing the case of IPL spot fixing. The bench will take cognizance of the report on 10 November 2014.
- Tamil Nadu Congress Committee (TNCC) president B.S. Gnanadesikan resigned from the post followed by differences with the party. B.S. Gnanadesikan is a MP from Tamil Nadu in the Rajya Sabha.
- Hasmukh Adhia was appointed as the Union Financial Services Secretary (FSS). He is the 1981-batch IAS officer of Gujarat-cadre. He succeeded GS Sandhu who was made the Chairman of the National Authority for Chemical Weapons Convention. Sandhu is a 1980-batch Rajasthan cadre IAS officer. Previously he was working as Additional Chief Secretary in the Finance Department of Gujarat government.
- Mauritius on 3 November 2014 agreed to support Indian government’s Special Investigation Team (SIT) in its probe to unearth black money said by Union External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Mauritius Foreign Minister Arvin Boolell during a meeting at Port Louis. Besdes this India is also working on the inclusion of Mauritius in the group of countries to be listed in its Visa on Arrival scheme. New Delhi has already granted lifetime visa-free access to India to all PIO card-holders.
- Alexander Zakharchenko, 38 year old is the Pro-Russian separatists of Ukraine as the leader of their breakaway republic named “Donetsk People’s Republic”.
- The Union Cabinet has accepted lieutenant governor Najeeb Jung’s report recommending dissolution of the Delhi assembly, paving the way for holding of fresh polls in the national capital. Lieutenant governor Najeeb Jung had recommended to the President dissolution of the Delhi assembly as major players BJP, AAP and Congress have expressed “inability” to form government and preferred holding of polls.
- 60 Space Audio Recordings released by NASA. These recordings include sounds of Jupiter, Neptune, Saturn’s rings, shuttle launching, Uranus and famous quotes from astronauts for anyone to hear online.
- Brittany Maynard died due to aggressive malignant brain tumour. She is 29 years old. She campaigned for Death with Dignity.
- The world’s first inhalable Ebola vaccine in development has proved highly successful in animal studies confirmed by Scientists from the University of Texas and said that a potentially breathable, respiratory vaccine in development has been shown to provide long-term protection for non-human primates against the deadly Ebola virus. The announcement will be done by Professor Maria Croyle along with Dr Gary Kobinger at the National Microbiology Laboratory in Winnipeg on 5 November, 2014. It results from a recent pre-clinical study represent the only proof to date that a single dose of a non-injectable vaccine platform for Ebola is long lasting, which could have significant global implications in controlling future outbreaks.
- Central intelligence agencies (CIA) have alerted Kolkata police about the possibility of a terror attack in the city, especially in the port area. On which two ships recall as INS Khukri and INS Sumitra came in the backdrop of the alert by central intelligence agencies to the Kolkata police about the possibility of a terror attack in the city, especially in the port area.
- A month away from final placements, IIT-Kharagpur students are being flooded with pre-placement offers with a 20 per cent increase this year. In which the highest offer made till date stands at a staggering Rs 91 lakh. There are International offers include those from Google Mountain View, Facebook, Works Application and Schlumberger while a large number of first-time recruiters have also registered for final placements with the Career Development Centre at IIT Kharagpur.
- Bill Gates announced the donation of 500 million US dollars to reduce the burden of malaria, pneumonia, diarrheal diseases, and an array of parasitic infections that are leading causes of death and disability in developing countries. It was announced in the annual meeting of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene in the US.
- Maruti Suzuki launched a new version of Automatic car called Alto K10. The Alto k10 at 3.80 lakh rupees is the cheapest automatic car in India.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Uncategorized2018.03.05Equip Yourself with Niche Skills – Take a Giant Leap for your Career
- English2018.03.05How to Prepare for English Section of SSC CGL and IBPS PO Simultaneously?
- Announcements2018.02.06Top Universities for Finance Aspirants
- Announcements2018.02.06Popular Universities offering Banking Courses