Daily Current Affairs – 3rd November 2014
- Today Indian Navy announced to commemorate the 1000th anniversary of the coronation of ancient Tamil King Rajendra Chola with a series of activities. On this occasion Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah would flag off the ship from the Chennai Port Trust premises to Nagapattinam. It will symbolize the achievements of the Chola Navy. Nagapattinam is believed to be one of the naval bases of Rajendra Chola’s navy.
- Today culture day observed in Japan. It is a national holiday held annually in Japan on November 3 for the purpose of promoting culture, the arts, and academic endeavour. Festivities typically include art exhibitions, parades, and award ceremonies for distinguished artists and scholars. Culture Day was first held in 1948, to commemorate the announcement of the post-war Japanese constitution on November 3, 1946.
- Delhi is heading for fresh elections, with all political parties refusing to form a government during their meeting with lieutenant governor Najeeb Jung this is due to BJP, Congress and AAP have expressed their inability to form government in Delhi.
- The Supreme Court (SC) of India held that the kitchen of Delhi Gymkhana Club is a factory under Employees State Insurance (ESI) Act, 1948. A Bench of SC Justices T.S. Thakur and R. Banumathi gave the judgment. This is due to the Act, factory means any premises whereon ten or more persons are employed or were employed on any day of the preceding twelve months and in any part of which a manufacturing process is being carried on or is ordinarily carried on but does not include a mine subject to the operation of the Mines Act, 1952 or a railway running shed.
- Union Government on 30 October 2014 announced to amend the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 and to include the Leader of Opposition (LoP) in the Lokpal Selection Panel. The bill will amend Section 4(1)(c) of the Lokpal Act. It relating to this will be introduced in the upcoming winter session of Parliament.
- The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) gave its approval to Pilot training facility Flight Simulation Technique Centre (FSTC) for training Airbus A320 and Boeing pilots.
- Days after Vietnam PM Nguyen Tan Dung’s visit to India, a Chinese sub, Changzheng 2, has again docked at the Colombo port, sparking “enormous concerns” within the government about the intentions of Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
- Hockey India President Narinder Batra became a member of International Hockey Federation (FIH) Executive Board. The decision was taken during the 2014 Ordinary Congress of FIH by Voting for Ordinary Members of the FIH Executive Board also took place for the positions of two female members, one male member and two open positions. The event was held in Marrakesh, Morocco.
- Germany’s historic wrought-iron gate bearing the Nazis’ cynical slogan Arbeit macht frei (Work Sets You Free) was stolen from the former concentration camp at Dachau. The wrought-iron gate measured 190 by 95 centimeters and was set into a larger iron gate.
- Massacre of 322 people of Iraqi Al-Bu Nimr tribe by ISIS militant group at Anbar in Iraq. The killed peoples included dozens of women and children whose bodies were dumped in a well.
- Veteran Bollywood actor Sadashiv Amrapurkar died on 3 November 2014 in Mumbai following lung infection. He was 64.
- Thirteen years after the 9/11 terrorist attack, the resurrected World Trade Center is again opening for business, marking an emotional milestone for both New Yorkers and the United States as a whole.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Announcements2017.07.22IBPS Announces the Common Recruitment Process for Recruitment of Officers (Scale-I, II & III) and Office Assistant (Multipurpose) in RRB’s – CRP RRB’s VI
- Announcements2017.07.11Bandhan Bank Recruitment Notification 2017 for 5000 Vacancies – Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- Cloze Test2017.07.03Cloze Test – 3 for Banking Exams
- Cloze Test2017.07.03Cloze Test – 2 for Banking Preparation