Daily Current Affairs – 2nd November 2014
- Vijay Kelkar appointed as the new Chairperson of the National Institute of Public Finance and Policy (NIPFP). He succeeded former PMEAC chairman C. Rangarajan.
- New President of Tamilnadu Congress Committee is EVKS Elangovan senior Congress Leader and Former Union Minister.
- Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami said 5.5 lakh posts in police force lying vacant across the country and the Centre has asked all states to fill up the vacancies in a time-bound manner, preferably within a year, as the crime graph is soaring gradually.
- Delhi University students will now be trained to work in the five villages (Majra Dabas, Jatkhore, Sevapuri, Timarpur, Nandnagri) adopted by the varsity as part of the Centre’s Swacch Bharat campaign.
- 54th Edition of National Open Athletics Championship started at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium New Delhi.
- Sachin Tendulkar’s Autobiography ‘Playing it My Way — My Autobiography’, will be released worldwide on 6th November 2014. Sachin Tendulkar has attacked former India coach Greg Chappell in his upcoming autobiography by saying the Australian was acting as a “ringmaster” who imposed his ideas on players.
- Duleep Trophy won by Central Zone. To won this title central zone defeated South Zone by 9 runs.
- Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq equalled the record for the fastest Test century on 2 November 2014 by reaching the milestone in 56 balls against Australia in Abu Dhabi.
- A powerful blast set off by a suicide bomber at Wagah in Pakistan resulted in death of at least 55 people and injuries to over 200. This blast occurred minutes after the immensely popular flag-lowering ceremony at the Indo-Pak border. Jandullah, Al-Qaeda affiliated group claimed responsibility for this attack according to the media reports
- Lieutenant Colonel Issaac Zida took control in Burkina Faso after the resignation of President Blaise Compaore. Issaac Zida apparently took control of the country after reports of heavy gunfire near the presidential palace early on 1 November. He was the operational commander of the elite presidential guards.
- Japan’s Central Bank surprised global financial markets on 31 October 2014 by expanding its massive stimulus spending, which resulted in rally in global stock markets and India’s Sensex hitting an all-time high on the day. Bank of Japan announced its decision to buy more assets as a preemptive strike to keep policy on track. The bank would accelerate purchase of Japanese government bonds to increase its holding annually by ¥30 trillion ($725 billion) and triple its purchases of exchange-traded funds and real-estate investment trusts.
- China successfully recovered an experimental spacecraft Chang’e 5-T1 after a eight day space trip. This mission of China was aimed at obtaining experimental data and testing technologies for re-entry through Earth’s atmosphere involving guidance, navigation and control etc. The mission was launched to test technology to be used for China’s fourth lunar probe. China sees its multi-billion-dollar space programme as a marker of its rising global stature and mounting technical expertise. It also has a rover on the surface of the moon.
- Spaceship Two, the ambitious rocket plane of entrepreneur Richard Branson’s space company Virgin Galactic that was meant to carry rich tourists on short space rides and which crashed on 31 October 2014. The space tourism company created by the entrepreneur Richard Branson, and Scaled Composites, the company that designed and built the plane. The plane crashed in the Mojave Desert on 31 October during a test flight, killing one of the two pilots.
- British-Iranian woman, Ghoncheh Ghavami detained in Iran after trying to watch a men’s volleyball match has been sentenced to a year in prison.
- International Crimes Tribunal handed death penalty to Mir Quasem Ali. He is infamous for leading Al-Badr Force in torturing freedom fighters at a hotel in Chittagong to death for committing crimes against humanity during the 1971 Liberation War.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Announcements2017.07.22IBPS Announces the Common Recruitment Process for Recruitment of Officers (Scale-I, II & III) and Office Assistant (Multipurpose) in RRB’s – CRP RRB’s VI
- Announcements2017.07.11Bandhan Bank Recruitment Notification 2017 for 5000 Vacancies – Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- Cloze Test2017.07.03Cloze Test – 3 for Banking Exams
- Cloze Test2017.07.03Cloze Test – 2 for Banking Preparation