1. Argentina defeated Former champion Croatia by 3-2 to win their first Davis Cup tennis tournament title.
2. Noted Marathi author and Sahitya Akademi awardee Anand Yadav died. He was 80.
3. Indian golfer Aditi Ashok won the inaugural Qatar Ladies Open in Doha.
4. World Junior bronze medalist, Sachin Singh (49 kg) became the third Indian boxer to bag gold medal at the AIBA Youth World Championships.
5. BJP National General Secretary and in-charge of Haryana and Chhattisgarh, Anil Jain has been elected as the president of the Bharat Scouts and Guides.
6. The 51st Annual Conference of Directors-General of Police of States was held at the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy (SVPNPA) in Hyderabad, Telangana.
7. England wicketkeeper Jonny Bairstow made the record of most test dismissals in a calendar year. Bairstow took the catch of Umesh Yadav to reach at 68 dismissals for the year and broke the previous record of 67 dismissals held jointly by Australian Ian Healy and South African Mark Boucher.
8. Pink, the Amitabh Bachchan starrer Bollywood film, has been invited by the Assistant Secretary-General of the United Nations for a special screening at its headquarters in New York, USA.
9. A book titled ‘Death under the Deodars: The Adventures of Miss Ripley-Bean’ by famous writer Ruskin Bond was released.
10. Sahara Force India clinched a historic fourth position overall, in the Formula One Championships this season after Nico Hulkenberg and Sergio Perez finished seventh and eighth respectively at the season-closing Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.