Daily Current Affairs – 14th October 2014
Hi Readers, Current Affairs is very essential knowledge in today’s scenario. It mostly asked in the competitive exams and the people’s who are updated and remembered these affairs can get the higher score and cross the hurdles in any banking or government exams. In Bank exams like IBPS RRB exams, IBPS PO exams, IBPS clerk exams, MT clerk exams and other government exams, it is the mandatory field to cross the section of current affairs; sometimes it also called general awareness. The current affairs of 14th October 2014 are as follows:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi surveyed the areas in Andhra Pradesh where cyclone his and announced a package of Rs 1,000 crore for relief fund, an amount of Rs 2 lakh for the kind of those who died in the cyclone, and Rs 50,000 for the injured. He surveyed all the areas with Andhra Pradesh governor ESL Narasimhan, chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu, central government ministers M Venkaiah Naidu and Ashok Gajapati Raju.
- Today Union Railway Minister D.V. Sadananda Gowda awarded 132 rail personnel for their exemplary contribution to the country on the occasion of 59th Annual Railway National Awards at Banglore. Here Union Rail Minister awarded Harish Kanwar has inaugurated Pirpanjal tunnel (Banihal railway tunnel) promotion, which is 11.215 km railway tunnel located in Pir Panjal Range of middle Himalayas in Jammu and Kashmir.
- The Indian Air Force fighter jet Sukhoi Su 30MKI crashed near Pune whereas Pilot found safe.
- All India National Unity Council honoured poet-diplomat Abhay K with Asia-Pacific Excellence Award for his outstanding individual achievements in the field of literature by penning Earth Anthem and SAARC song and for celebrating local, regional and global themes in his poems and writings.
- “Operation Lehar” is the name of the relief and rescue operation launched on 13 October 2014 by the Indian armed forces in Andhra Pradesh’s cyclone-affected districts by cyclonic storm ‘Hudhud’.
- The Global Hunger Index (GHI) 2014 was released by the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), Welthungerhilfe and Concern Worldwide in which India is at 56th position. The severity of hunger was found to be low in 44 countries. These countries include Algeria, Argentina, Brazil, Cuba, Iran, Kazakhstan, Mexico and Turkey. It was calculated for 120 developing countries and countries in transition, 55 of which have a serious or worse hunger situation.
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation on 13 October 2014 released the CPI inflation data whereas some important are as
Consumer Price Index (CPI) inflation or retail inflation of September 2014 stood at 6.46 percent as compared to the 7.3 percent in August 2014.
The retail inflation for over all food inflation dropped to 7.67 percent in September 2014 from 9.35 percent in August 2014.
The retail inflation of fuel and light cost came down to 3.45 percent from 4.15 percent of August 2014.
- Lok Sabha MP Kapil Krishna Thakur passed away in Kolkata following a lung failure. He was aged at 73. He was a member of the Standing Committee on Labour and He also received the prestigious Sri Sri Thakur Harichand-Guruchand prize for his sustained work to uplift the Matuas.
- The Railways have registered an increase of 4.20 per cent in freight traffic during the six months between April and September this year over the corresponding period last year.
- Turkey allowed US led coalition to use its Incirlik Air Base to fight against Islamic State (ISIS) and agreed to use its territory as part of a training program for Syrian opposition fighters.
- A World Health Organization assistant director general Dr. Bruce Aylward says there could be up to 10,000 new cases of Ebola per week within two months.
- Google boss Eric Schmidt said his company’s biggest competition as a search engine came from e-commerce giant Amazon, not from its traditional rivals.
- The Enforcement Directorate has issued notice to Flipkart as questioning them over their recent billion day sale. The ED is likely to impose a penalty of Rs 1,000 crore on the e-commerce giant.
- To honor fallen soldier Akashdeep (skylight) ritual started in Varanasi. This program is where fallen soldier or those whole who sacrificed their life since independence day.
- Indian shuttler, Ajay Jayaram won the 50000 dollar Dutch Open Grand Prix badminton tournament after defeating Indonesia’s Ihsan Maulana Mustofa at the Topsportcentrum Almere in Netherlands. Earilet he won won three overseas titles namely New Zealand Open (2009), Thailand Open (2010) and Czech Open (2013).
- Mary Kom voted in India as most valuable player in Asian games 2014.
- Khaled Bahah was appointed as Prime Minister of Yemen by the President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi.
- Evo Morales is re-elected for a third term as President of Bolivia.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.