Daily Current Affairs – 12th October 2014
Hi Readers, Current Affairs is very essential knowledge in today’s scenario. It mostly asked in the competitive exams and the people’s who are updated and remembered these affairs can get the higher score and cross the hurdles in any banking or government exams. In Bank exams like IBPS RRB exams, IBPS PO exams, IBPS clerk exams, MT clerk exams and other government exams, it is the mandatory field to cross the section of current affairs; sometimes it also called general awareness. The current affairs of 12th October 2014 are as follows:
- Today Our Lady Aparecida’s Day and Children’s Day in Brazil, Independence Day in Equatorial Guinea and National Day in Spain.
- Cyclone Hudhud reached India’s eastern seaboard around midnoon hit the Visakhapatnam coast in Andhra Pradesh today with gusts of up to 180 – 195 kilometres an hour (around 120 mph). It uprooting trees, damaging buildings and killing at least three people despite a major evacuation effort. It made a landfall in Andhra Pradesh this noon, lost its intensity by evening as it moved further 60km northwest of Visakhapatnam, India Meteorological Department.
- The first human born to a recipient of a donated uterus is delivered in Sweden. It was announced that, for the first time, a healthy baby had been born to an uterine transplant recipient by The British medical journal. The Swedish woman, aged 36, had received a uterus in 2013, from a live donor, in an operation led by Dr. Brännström, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the University of Gothenburg.
- The Syrian town Kobani become the centre of the Syrian Civil War, with the ongoing siege between the militants of Islamic State (IS) and Syrian Kurds.
- England batsman Kevin Pietersen released his autobiography named “KP“.
- Indian super League 2014 begins today with eight franchises:
Delhi Dynamos (Delhi),
Northeast United FC (Guwahati),
Atletico de Kolkata (Kolkata),
Mumbai City FC (Mumbai),
FC Pune City (Pune),
FC Goa (Goa),
Kerala Blasters (Kochi) and
Chennaiyin FC (Chennai)
- A dutch man Bette Dam launched a book titled A Man and A Motorcycle, How Hamid Karzai Came to Power on Hamid Karzai.
- Bharti Airtel and Ericson signed 4g network deal. This is the long term evolution deal.
- New Chairman of APERC (Andhra Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission) is Bhavani Prasad. IYR Krishna Rao State Chief Secretary administered the oath of office and secrecy to Prasad.
- The Maithreyi International Visiting Professorship launched by Union Ministry of Science & Technology in New Delhi. It is supported by DST (Department of Science and Technology) and DBT (Department of Biotechnology).
- Karnataka government prohibited strike at Bosch plant in Bangalore
- GGSS School of Hisar won the U-17 Girls title of 55th Subroto Cup Football tournament.
- A team of researchers developed a technology that makes visible the dance or movements of HIV proteins on the virus’ surface.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Exams2017.11.02Government Exams – The Critical One
- Announcements2017.09.06Recruitment Application for IBPS Clerk VII is out for Vacancies of 2018-19
- Announcements2017.08.30What to Expect for IBPS PO Prelims Exam 2017 (Important Topics)
- General Awareness2017.08.22Most Asked Questions about the President of India