Daily Current Affairs – 11th October 2014
Hi Readers, Current Affairs is very essential knowledge in today’s scenario. It mostly asked in the competitive exams and the people’s who are updated and remembered these affairs can get the higher score and cross the hurdles in any banking or government exams. In Bank exams like IBPS RRB exams, IBPS PO exams, IBPS clerk exams, MT clerk exams and other government exams, it is the mandatory field to cross the section of current affairs; sometimes it also called general awareness. The current affairs of 11th October 2014 are as follows:
- Uhuru Kenyatta, the President of Kenya became the first-ever serving head of state to appear before the International Court of Justice (ICC). He was charged with crimes against humanity relating to ethnic violence after the 2007 Presidential elections in Kenya that left some 1,200 dead and 600,000 displaced.
- Today is International day of Girl Child across the world.
- MoU signed between Russia and China took-off on 9 October 2014 as China froze the design and construction plan on its side for the gas pipeline worth $400 billion. Its objective is Reducing Russia’s dependence on the European market and establishing a firm ground in the Asia-Pacific market.
- Mukesh Ambani’s children Isha and Akash appointed directors on Boards of Reliance Jio and Reliance Retail.
- Leela Samson resigned as the chairperson of Sangeet Natak Akademi (SNA).
- PM Narendra Modi releases a book on social activist Nanaji Deshmukh, “Viraat Purush Nanaji Deshmukh” which has been compiled in six volumes by the Deendayal Research Institute.
- First National Mental Health Policy of India launched by Union Health Minister to provide universal psychiatry care to the population, 20 % of which are likely to suffer some form of mental illness by 2020.
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana launched by PM. Its aims at improving the standard of living and quality of life of all sections of people by improving basic amenities. Member of Parliament (MP) must identify a village, other than his or her own village or that of the spouse, and turn it into a ‘model village’ by 2016 and two more villages to 2019. After 2019, the MP must develop three model villages till 2024 (each every year) with complete facilities of developed cities.
- Facebook co-founder and one of the world’s youngest billionaires Mark Zuckerberg called on Prime Minister Narendra Modi to discuss digital expansion in the country.
- International Edition of “Encyclopaedia of Hinduism” released by India Heritage Research Foundation.
- Indian Navy collaborates with NCC to provide experience of sea warrior to cadets.
- Freedom fighter Captain Abbas Ali who was part of the Indian National Army (INA) passed away.
- IAS officer Abhishek Singh, husband of Durga Shakti Nagpal whose suspension as SDM had triggered a controversy suspended by the UP chief minister for allegedly treating a dalit teacher in an “inhuman” manner in Mathura district.
- Vodafone won Rs. 3200 crore case in Bombay High Court. The Bombay High Court on 10 October 2014 gave its landmark ruling in favour of British telecom-multinational Vodafone in a long-running dispute with the Indian tax authorities. The primary charge of India tax authorities on Vodafone on this $490 million case.
- The Islamic State group has executed at least four women, including two doctors and a politician, in their northern Iraq strongholds this month, relatives and rights.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Announcements2018.06.06IBPS CRP RRBs VII Notification has been Released
- Announcements2018.03.05Equip Yourself with Niche Skills – Take a Giant Leap for your Career
- English2018.03.05How to Prepare for English Section of SSC CGL and IBPS PO Simultaneously?
- Announcements2018.02.06Top Universities for Finance Aspirants