Daily Current Affairs – 10th November 2014
- Goa chief minister Manohar Parrikar, who is tipped to become the union defence minister, on Saturday tendered his resignation from the post paving way for the appointment of his successor in the state. Parrikar faxed his resignation to State governor Mridula Sinha at Raj Bhavan this afternoon, after meeting the Archbishop.
- India has agreed to UN chief Ban Ki-moon’s offer to remain a member of the advisory board of a UN centre on counter-terrorism for an additional three years. “We would like to express our consent to the offer of the Secretary-General to India to continue as a member of the Advisory Board of the United Nations Counter-Terrorism Center (UNCCT) for an additional three years starting from April 2, 2015,” India’s Permanent Representative to the UN Asoke Mukerji said in his statement to the 9th meeting of the board.
- President Barack Obama has authorised the military to send up to 1,500 additional personnel to Iraq for training and assistance of Iraqi forces with the aim to enforce fight against the Islamic State (IS), an official statement said.
- NSE and BSE, the two premier stock exchanges in India, will suspend trading in stocks of two Vijay Mallya-led companies, Kingfisher Airlines and UB Engineering, from December 1 for non-compliance of listing rules. The exchanges will also suspend trading of UB Engineering Ltd, part of Mallya’s UB Group, from Dec. 1, they said citing the company’s failure to report financial results for two consecutive quarters to end-June.
- A total of eleven journalists and four photo journalists were chosen by the Press Council of India (PCI) for ‘National Awards for Excellence in Journalism’. In the category ‘Rural Jouranlism’, the chosen awardees are Corenlius Minz of Khabar Mantra, Jhakhand, and R Samban of Deshabhimani, Malappuram. The two journalists will jointly get the award which also carries a cash prize of Rs 25,000 each, officials said.
- Veteran Communist leader and former minister M.V. Raghavan died in Kerala’s Kannur district, according to his family. Arrangements are being made for his funeral here Monday. Raghavan, 81, was a brilliant orator.
- Government has asked telecom firms to implement full mobile number portability by May 3, a move that will enable subscribers to retain their numbers when they shift to other states or licensed service areas. Currently, MNP norms allow users to retain their numbers while changing their operators within the same service area. India has 22 telecom circles, or service areas.\
- A 4.8 magnitude earthquake struck about 140 kilometres west of Athens provoking some light damage to buildings but no reports of injuries, officials have said. The quake, considered weak by Greece’s earthquake observatory, hit at 2242 IST on Friday night and was epicentered about five km off the coast of the town of Aigio in the Gulf of Corinth.
- Former Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar and three others were inducted into the Union Cabinet as Prime Minister Narendra Modi expanded his Council of Ministers, bringing in 21 new ministers as Shiv Sena kept away from the exercise. Suresh Prabhu, a former Shiv Sainik and Power minister in Vajpayee government, senior BJP leader J P Nadda and Jat leader from Haryana Birender Singh, who joined BJP ahead of Assembly elections, were the other Cabinet ministers to take oath of office and secrecy at a function in the Rashtrapati Bhawan..
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Exams2017.11.02Government Exams – The Critical One
- Announcements2017.09.06Recruitment Application for IBPS Clerk VII is out for Vacancies of 2018-19
- Announcements2017.08.30What to Expect for IBPS PO Prelims Exam 2017 (Important Topics)
- General Awareness2017.08.22Most Asked Questions about the President of India