Daily Current Affairs – 27th December 2014
- Today’s observed as Emergency Rescuer’s Day in Russia. It is a professional holiday of Russian emergency service workers and observed when the Russian Emergency Rescue Corps was established in 1990, according to the Decree of the Council of Ministers of the Russian SSR. It was established by the Presidential Decree of Boris Yeltsin No. 1306 on 26 November 1995.
- Today’s observed as constitution day in North Korea.
- After ten years after a massive Tsunami triggered by an earthquake smashed the coastline of around 14 nations a decision from India comes as one million US dollar contribution to United Nation (UN) fund and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) for strengthening early warning systems for natural disasters.
- World Bank to give Rs.475 crores Credit for Andhra Pradesh Rural Inclusive Growth Project to enhance agricultural income of small and Marginal farmers.
- India asked Pakistan to hand over prime accused in the Mumbai serial blasts in 1993 as underworld don Dawood Ibrahim with saying enough evidence have been given to it.
- A militant attack on tribal people and subsequent retaliations in Assam, India, kill at least 85 people. There is a series of attacks by militants resulted in deaths of more than 75 tribal people (adivasis) in Assam, India. The attacks took place in Chirang, Sonitpur and Kokrajhar districts, starting on 23 December 2014. They have been attributed to the Songbijit faction of National Democratic Front of Bodoland — NDFB(S).
- Best Supply Chain Practices in Water Management Award achieved by Venkataraju, Chief Engineer of BWSSB (Bengaluru Water Supply and Sewerage Board) and Chief Executive of the Year is Malay Chatterjee, Chairman and Managing Director of Kudremukh Iron Ore Company Ltd. These awards were given by Indian Institute of Materials Management (IIMM).
- Trevor Bull was appointed as MD and CEO of Aviva India Life Insurance Ltd by succeeding T R Ramachandran who was serving at this post since October 2008.
- Family Visitors Visa of Saudi Arabia span restricted to 6 months. This decision is affecting 2.8 million Indian workers living in the Kingdom. Visa will be extended only till 180 days stated by Lt.Col Ahmed bin Fahad Al-Luhaidan.
- Recovery Vessel of NSTL launched by Lalitha Bhujanga Rao (wife of DRDO Director General V. Bhujanga Rao) as Torpedo in Gujarat at Bharuch in Shoft Shipyard. It helps in reducing energy consumption.
- Buddhist sculptures and precious coins during ongoing excavation at an ancient Buddhist Stupa were discovered by Archaeologists in northwest Pakistan.
- Calcutta High Court has declared in the grievance redressal Committee report as Vijay Mallya and 3 directors of Kingfisher were not wilful defaulters.
- Ankita Raina, 21-year old Ahmedabad-born wins the 25,000 US dollar ITF singles Tennis title at Pune after defeated British teenager Katy Dunne in straight sets 6-2, 6-2 in the final. Now she became the first Indian to clinch the title in the tournament after 14 years after Radhika Tulpule.
- Mohammad Farooq, Oldest litigant in the Babri Masjid case passed away at the age of 100 years. He was a resident of Ayodhya and was among the seven main litigants from Muslim side in the 1949 Babri Masjid case regarding placing of Lord Rama idols in the premises.
- Noted Hindi poet Nand Chaturvedi passed away at the age of 91. He was honoured with many awards including Bihari Puraskar award by K K Birla Foundation (1996) and Prasaran Sanmaan by Prasar Bharati.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Announcements2018.03.05Equip Yourself with Niche Skills – Take a Giant Leap for your Career
- English2018.03.05How to Prepare for English Section of SSC CGL and IBPS PO Simultaneously?
- Announcements2018.02.06Top Universities for Finance Aspirants
- Announcements2018.02.06Popular Universities offering Banking Courses