Daily Current Affairs – 04 March 2015
- Telangana government has decided to launch the e-panchayat programme in 18 Village Panchayats in Domokonda of Nizamabad district.
- Arvind Kejriwal resigned for the post of AAP convener. He sent his resignation letter to AAP party national council. His resignation was rejected by the party.
- RBI has lowered its policy Repo Rate by 25 basis points to 7.5 per cent.
- Lok Sabha passed Insurance Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2015, a key economic reform legislation providing for raising foreign cap to 49 per cent with the government insisting that the measure is crucial for expanding the penetration of insurance in the country. It is long-pending controversial bill and seeks to replace an ordinance, also provides for imprisonment of up to 10 years for selling policies without registration with the regulator IRDA.
- LIC launched a new children back policy by name Jeevan Sangam. LIC southern Zonal manager Ganesh informed that this policy was developed keeping in view the education, marriage and other requirements of children. Risk coverage is also offered for the children. This policy can be taken for children in the age group of 0 to 12 years. Premiums have to be paid for 25 years. The policy holder will also get tax benefits under 80C.
- Lok Sabha passed Coal Mines Bill, 2015 allow e-auction of coal blocks after the Supreme Court cancelled their allocation leading to uncertainty in the coal sector, amid opposition by Left and some other opposition parties. It will replace two ordinances issued by the government – the first on october 21 last year and the other in december, after the apex court cancelled the allocation of 204 blocks.
- BSNL appointed PV Muralidhar as chief general manager for AP circle. He belongs to 1979 ITS batch. He succeeded Srinivasan who retired in February.
- Lok Sabha passed Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2015 to amend the Citizenship Act to remove disparity between Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) cardholders.
- Interview of Mukesh Singh become mosy controversial made by Leslee Udwin, BBC. He is one of the 16 December gangrape convicts for a documentary in which he showed no remorse. Government took a serious view of the matter as Delhi Police lodged an FIR and secured a court order restraining the media from carrying the interview.
- Vionalist L Subramaniam and Kathak player Roshan Kumari won the prestigious Hafiz Ali Khan awards for the year 2014. These were presented to them in a ceremony in Gwalior by Sarod Player Ustad Amzad Ali Khan.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has postponed the launch of India’s fourth Navigation Satellite IRNSS-1D onboard PSLV-C27.
- Largest auction of 2G and 3G spectrum started today and this is likely to fetch the government over Rs. 82,000 crore based on the reserve price.
- Rahul Jindal, Indian American physician is selected for Fulbright-Nehru Distinguished chair. He will be hosted by HL Trivedi Institute of Transplantation sciences for duration of the chair. Nearly 400 kidney transplants are performed per year in this institute.
- Bharti Airtel Limited partnered with China Mobile signed MoU by Sunil Mittal, Chaian, Bharti Airtel, and Xi Guohua, Chairman, China Mobile to work towards the growth of the long term evolution (LTE) ecosystem and evolving mobile technology standards.
- China will raise its defense budget by around 10 percent this year, compared with last year’s 12.2 percent 808.2 billion yuan (about 131 billion U.S. dollars), riding on a multi-year run of double-digit increases.
- First time the opening prayer for the Idaho state senate was said by a Hindu cleric amid protests by some senators who claimed the United States was a Christian nation and denounced Hinduism.
- Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar visits Afghanistan in SAARC Yatra today.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Announcements2018.06.06IBPS CRP RRBs VII Notification has been Released
- Announcements2018.03.05Equip Yourself with Niche Skills – Take a Giant Leap for your Career
- English2018.03.05How to Prepare for English Section of SSC CGL and IBPS PO Simultaneously?
- Announcements2018.02.06Top Universities for Finance Aspirants