Daily Current Affairs – 28 March 2015
- Rajasthan Assembly has passed a law that bans the slaughter, trading and unauthorised transportation of Camels. Rajasthan Camel (Prohibition of Slaughter and Regulation of Temporary Migration or Export) Bill, 2015 also makes causing injury to camel punishable.
- Rajasthan became the first State in the country to fix a minimum educational qualification for contesting elections to the Panchayati Raj Institutions. Class VIII pass mandatory for the post of sarpanch elections (except in tribal reserved areas, where the minimum qualification is Class V). Class X for Zila Parishad or Panchayat Samiti elections.
- PM Narendra Modi is leaving for Singapore tonight to attend the funeral of former PM of Singapore Lee Kuan Yew.
- Nobel Laureate John F Nash Jr. won the Abel Prize for his work on partial differential equations. Norwegian Academy of Sciences and Letters announced the prize. They will receive the Abel Prize from His Majesty King Harald at a ceremony in Oslo on 19 May 2015.
- President of India Pranab Mukherjii presented Bharat Ratna award to Former Prime Minister of India Atal Bihari Vajpayee at his home. Bharat Ratna Award is India’s highest civilian honour. He is the 7th prime minister to receive the award after Gulzarilal Nanda, Indira Gandhi, Morarji Desai, Rajiv Gandhi,Lal Bahadur Shastri and Jawaharlal Nehru.
- The number of world famous one-horned rhinos in Assam’s Kaziranga National Park has increased to over 2,400, according to a latest census released today.
- Ace shuttler Saina Nehwal creates history by becoming first Indian woman to be World.
- Indian-American biology professor, Murty S Kambhampati, chosen for prestigious US presidential award for excellence in the field of science, mathematics and engineering mentoring.
- India successfully launches 4th navigation satellite-IRNSS-1D by Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-C27).
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) won Gandhi Peace Prize. The award was selected by the jury under the chairmanship of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Mizoram Governor Dr Aziz Qureshi was sacked from his post by President Pranab Mukherjee today.
- Delhi Government launched India’s first e-ration card service. The service was started by the Chief Minister of Delhi Arvind Kejriwal. In this service, E-ration card will be linked with Aadhaar cards and it would enable the beneficiaries of Public Distribution System (PDS) to get the cards online from the government’s web portal without hassles.
- Social activist Medha Patkar quits Aam Aadmi Party. Following the ouster of Aam Aadmi Party founder members Yogendra Yadav & Prashant Bhushan, she took this decision.
- Fortune Magazine has released the list of 2015 roster of the World’s 50 Greatest Leaders. The list included Prime Minister of India at 5th rank and Nobel Prize winner Kailash Satyarthi at the 28th rank.
- Former Mizoram chief minister Brig Thenphunga Sailo (93) passed away.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Exams2017.11.02Government Exams – The Critical One
- Announcements2017.09.06Recruitment Application for IBPS Clerk VII is out for Vacancies of 2018-19
- Announcements2017.08.30What to Expect for IBPS PO Prelims Exam 2017 (Important Topics)
- General Awareness2017.08.22Most Asked Questions about the President of India