Daily Current Affairs – 02 March 2015
- Today’s Read Across America observed in United States. It is an initiative on reading created by the National Education Association. It held on the school day closest to March 2, the birthday of Dr. Seuss.
- Today’s Independence Day observed in Texas. The document signed by 59 people, settlers in Mexican Texas officially broke from Mexico creating the Republic of Texas. Texas Independence Day is an official holiday in the state of Texas and adoption of the Texas Declaration of Independence on March 2, 1836.
- 25th Foundation Day of National Association of Software and Services Companies observed on 1st March.
- Uttam Kumar Reddy, Ex Indian Air Force Pilot appointed as the new Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) chief. He was the working president of the party and has now been elevated to the president’s post. Ponnala Lakshmaiah took over as TPCC chief soon after bifurcation of united AP and the party is reportedly unhappy with his performance, especially with the party’s debacle in the assembly polls.
- Kannan Ramesh, Indian-origin lawyer has been appointed as a Judicial Commissioner to Singapore’s Supreme Court bench for two years.
- Bharat Puri was appointed as Managing Director of Pidilite Industries Limited from 10th April 2015. He was serving as independent director of the company since 2008.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi made a surprise visit and joined MPs in having lunch in the Parliament’s canteen meant for Parliamentarians to Room number 70 on the first floor of the Parliament building and took lunch there. He ordered a vegetarian thali with spinach, salad, pulses and curry vegetable and made the payment of Rs 29 for the same with enjoyed and mingled with MPs from Gujarat present there at that time and chatted with them. PM Modi also wrote a message in the Parliament canteen’s visitor book as “ann data sukhi bhava”.
- PDP leader Mufti Mohammad Sayeed took over as new Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir and BJP’s Nirmal Singh sworn in as Deputy Chief Minister with Alongwith 24 ministers (13 from PDP and 11 from BJP) in the presence of J&K Governor N N Vohra, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Bharatiya Janata Party leaders L.K. Advani, M.M. Joshi, Amit Shah and other personalities. Mr Mufti Mohammad Sayeed was CM of state earlier in 2002 that too by a alliance with congress for three years.
- Regulator Sebi clamped down on eight entities for cheating through fake websites presenting themselves as registered market intermediaries. He find Finosys, Reliable, Goodtime, Global, Tradefast, Vaibhav Gandhi, Amit Gandhi and Asha Gandhi made unrealistic claims and false claims on the website…and by nature of these acts and omissions, they tried to solicit, entice and induce to deal in securities. Sebi has also asked the entities to “cease and desist” from undertaking any activity in securities and immediately withdraw and remove all advertisements, representations, literatures, brochures, materials, publications, documents, websites in relation to the capital markets.
- Former Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi has launched a new front Hindustani Awam Morcha to counter attack in Bihar against CM Nitish Kumar’s from JDU.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved financial aid worth 426.83 crore rupees from the National Relief Fund for flood affected people of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Union Government blocked private email network in government work as per E-mail Policy of Government of India and Policy on use of Information Technology resources of Government of India. Only email services which are provided by National Informatics Centre (NIC) shall be used for official communication.
- Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) approved buying of 38 more Pilatus trainer aircraft from Switzerland at a cost of 1500 crore rupees. These trainer aircraft will train Indian Air Force (IAF) fighter pilots.
- Among the 90 Indians on the Forbes Rich List 2015, published on Monday, Ambani (39th globally) is closely followed by pharmaceuticals business tycoon Dilip Shanghvi (44th rank with networth of US dollar 20 billion) and Azim Premji (48th with US dollar 19.1 billion) through this Mukesh Ambani has retained his position as the richest Indian for the eighth year in a row with a networth of US dollar 21 billion, while moving up one place on the global rich list that has been topped once again by software czar Bill Gates. Gates with a networth US dollar 79.2 billion tops Forbes Rich List.
- The CBI court dropped charges against senior Gujarat police officer Geeta Johri after it found that the CBI had not taken mandatory sanction from the state government before charge sheeting her in the fake encounter case.
- China launched a Silk Road Infrastructure project worth 79.8 billion US dollars in the northwest province of Gansu. It was launched as a part of China’s ambitious Silk Route plan and facilitates exchange of trade and tourism between China and central Asian Countries.
- World Health Organisation (WHO) has warned that Approximately 1 billion teenagers and young adults are at risk of hearing loss due to unsafe use of personal audio devices, including smartphones, and exposure to damaging levels of sound at nightclubs, bars and sporting events and also recommends that people should use personal audio devices for no more than one hour a day.
- Panjshir Valley of northern Afghanistan on 1 March 2015 was hit by avalanches of 40m (130ft) high hit the region, cutting off access to remote villages. The air force of Afghanistan is carrying out rescue operation in the region and is dropping food parcels to seven badly-affected villages.
- Olympic medallist pugilist M C Mary Kom said she has decided to quit boxing after the 2016 Rio Olympic Games as her body would not be able to cope with the rigours of the sport any further. Rio Games will be my last competitive event and I will not continue after that.
- Jagmohan Dalmiya has been elected as the Board of Control for Cricket in India’s (BCCI) president, replacing Narayanaswami Srinivasan, in the board’s annual general meeting in Chennai. The other new entrants are Haryana’s Anirudh Choudhary who has been appointed as the new treasurer while Cricket Association chief Anurag Thakur was named the board secretary.
- Rafael Nadal, spanish tennis ace won the Argentina open title of tennis in the summit clash, she defeated Juan Monaco of Argentina in straight sets 6-4, 6-1 in Buenos Aires.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Tricks and Formulae2018.10.12How to prepare for bank exam without coaching?
- Announcements2018.06.06IBPS CRP RRBs VII Notification has been Released
- Announcements2018.03.05Equip Yourself with Niche Skills – Take a Giant Leap for your Career
- English2018.03.05How to Prepare for English Section of SSC CGL and IBPS PO Simultaneously?