Daily Current Affairs – 08th February 2015
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired 1st meeting of the Governing Council of NITI Aayog with Chief Ministers and Lt. Governors the flagship schemes and infrastructure projects in New Delhi. He has announced that the NITI Aayog would constitute three sub groups, which will work as follows:
Study the 66 Centrally Sponsored Schemes and recommend which to continue, which to transfer to states, and which to cut down.
Recommend how NITI Aayog can promote skill development and creation of skilled manpower within states.
Decide on institutional mechanisms to be evolved and technological inputs, for ensuring that commitment to Swachh Bharat becomes a part of our life in perpetuity.
One task force would focus on poverty alleviation, and the other would focus on future development of agriculture in the state, and how the Centre can assist the state in this regard.
- Election Commission today ordered re-polling in two polling stations number 31 in Delhi Cantonment and polling station number 132 in Rohtas Nagar in Delhi where voting took place 09th Feb 2015.
- Sukanya Samridhi Yojna had been started by Union Government in Jaunpur district of Uttar Pradesh under the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao campaign to enhance the strength and honour of the girl children around the country. In this scheme under 10 years of age to open Sukanya Samridhi Account in Post offices and in the Banks by their parents with a minimum of Rs.1000 and maximum of Rs.1,50,000 can be deposited annually in the account at an interest rate of 9%.
- Reserve Bank is likely to increase the limit for foreign portfolio investors in government securities by $5 billion.
- National Green Tribunal (NGT) has ordered a ban on roadside shops and eateries along the animal corridors near Assam’s Kaziranga National Park due to increasing wildlife casualties by vehicular movement on the adjacent highway.
- MoU signed between Maharashtra government Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and construction major Larsen & Toubro (L&T) for setting up 6000 CCTV based surveillance in the city worth Rs 949 crore with engineering. It will be installed across the metropolis and suburbs by September 2016 by this aim to guarantee safer city to its citizens.
- North central railway and DVC entered into bilateral power procurement agreement to buy 50 MW of power from DVC at Auraiya grid sub-station facilitated by railways energy Management Company.
- Dashashwamedha and Sheetala, two main Ghats of Ganga in Varanasi have been equipped with WiFi facility with connectivity in the vicinity of around seven hundred meters.
- Indian golfer Anirban Lahiri won Malaysian Open 2015 in his first European Tour title by defeating Austria’s Bernd Wiesberger at the final match held at Kaula Lumpur Golf Club and Country Club.
- Atmaram Bhende, Veteran Marathi theatre artiste and film actor and the doyen of Marathi experimental theatre, passed away. He was 91 years old.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Tricks and Formulae2018.10.12How to prepare for bank exam without coaching?
- Announcements2018.06.06IBPS CRP RRBs VII Notification has been Released
- Announcements2018.03.05Equip Yourself with Niche Skills – Take a Giant Leap for your Career
- English2018.03.05How to Prepare for English Section of SSC CGL and IBPS PO Simultaneously?