Daily Current Affairs – 19th January 2015
- Today’s National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) is celebrating its 10th Raising Day in India. In the starting days there were only 8 battalions but now there were became 10.
- Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu today assured that the interests of Indian Railways will be fully protected while allowing FDI and private investments in select areas like fright corridors and port connectivity.
- BJP’s Delhi Chief Ministerial Candidate is Kiran Bedi. She was an IPS officer. Delhi Assembly elections were going to be held on 7th February 2015.
- Martin Luther King Junior Award won by Frank Islam, Indian American Entrepreneur and Philanthropist for his contribution to the legacy of the great leader through his efforts in international service and civil engagement.
- National Human Rights Commission gives notice to Uttar Pradesh Government over Hooch Tragedy which was occurred on 12th January 2015 in Kharta and other villages in Malihabad area of Lucknow as well as in Talasarai Village. In this tragedy 49 were died and more than 100 people were still taking treatment in the hospitals.
- 4th Gun for Glory Shooting Championship won by Annu Raj Singh of Maharashtra and Ayonika Paul of Railways held from 15th January to 21st January 2015 at Shree Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex in Balewadi in Pune.
- Chandra Babu Naidu, CM of Andhra Pradesh launched 17 Skill Development Centers across the state for aim of these centers is to give training and honing skills of youth. It will provide counseling to the candidates on the selection of the course along with the combination of the subjects from 11th class.
- Filmmaker Pahlaj Nihalani was appointed chairperson of the Censor Board, after Leela Samson resigned as its chief alleging interference by the government in its matters and also reconstituted the Board of Central Board of Film Certification by appointing nine members including BJP leader Vani Tripathi Tikoo and filmmakers Ashoke Pandit and Chandra Prakash Dwivedi.
- Imports of Mobile Sets with Duplicate Unique Identity Numbers Prohibited by Union Government to help to track callers using different SIM Cards.
- Bangladeshi Telecom Authorities shut down Viber and Tango Services. These services have become popular communication medium for supporters of the anti government protests.
- US Government Scientists declares 2014 as Warmest Year in which temperature recorded in this year is 0.68C (1.24F). This was stated by the scientists taking into considering 15 warmest years.
- UNESCAP (United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and Pacific) released World Economic Situation and Prospectus 2015 Report. Average GDP growth will accelerate to 5.3 % in 2015 from 5% in 2014 and it will be 5.7% in 2016.
- The Malian government and the United Nations have declared the country free of Ebola after 42 days without any new cases of the deadly virus.
- 8th version of World Future Energy Summit 2015 Started in Abu Dhabi. It will continue for 4 days in the Middle East’s Largest Gathering on future energy with 170 countries were participating. It drives actionable solutions to the world’s energy challenges. It Hosted by Masdar (Abu Dhabi’s renewable energy company).
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Announcements2017.05.26Banking Exams: Tentative Dates, Eligibility Criteria and Salary
- Announcements2017.05.24How to prepare for IBPS Bank exam? Easy Shortcuts, Tips & Tricks
- General Computer Knowledge2017.05.22Computer Aptitude Practice Set – 2017
- Announcements2017.05.18SBI PO Main Exam Preparation Strategy & Exam Pattern Expected