Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts various examinations every year, one of which Probationary Officer. Large number of candidate appears for this exam in order to get placed in various public sector banks like Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, Etc. IBPS don’t cover SBI under it as SBI has its own board which handles the hiring of employees only for State Bank of India. You can prepare for SBI exams here.
We will let you know the entire details of the IBPS PO in this article. Hence let’s start digging the details below: Also Read IBPS PO Detailed Syllabus here.
IBPS PO has two phases for selecting the candidates:
a.) Common Written Exam(CWE):
Common Written Examination is the process of conducting an online test in which you would be logging in to your account with the provided username and password of yours. In the Test module, you will have the option to attempt the question then and there and go to the next question by clicking on “Save & Next” button or you can mark it for review and correct it later and after you finish the test you can submit the answers and move ahead for the next section. You can attempt for the Online Mock Test here. ONLINE MOCK TEST.
Common Written Examination for Probationary Officer is conducted in two steps:
Prelims Examination is conducted for 100 marks with 100 questions for an hour.
- English Language – 30 Marks – 30 Questions (Take Online Mock Test)
- Quantitative Apptitude – 35 Marks – 35 Questions (Take Online Mock Test)
- Reasoning Ability – 35 Marks – 35 Questions (Take Online Mock Test)
|Sl. no||Names of Tests||Total no. of Questions||Total no. of Marks||Marks per Question||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||1||1 Hour|
Note: Those who qualifies preliminary exam, they are called for the mains exam.
ii.) IBPS PO Mains Exam:
Mains Examination has two tests.
- Objective Type Test is conducted for 200 marks for the duration of 140 Minutes.
- Quantitative Aptitude 50 Questions – 50 marks – 40 minutes (Take Online Mock Test)
- General/Economy/Banking Awareness 40 Questions – 40 marks – 20 minutes (Take Online Mock Test)
- English Language 40 Questions – 40 marks – 30 minutes (Take Online Mock Test)
- Computer Knowledge 20 Question – 20 Marks – 10 minutes (Take Online Mock Test)
|Sl. no||Name of Tests||Total no. of Questions||Total no. of Marks||Marks per Question||Duration|
|2||English Language||40||40||1||30 Minutes|
|3||Quantitative Ability||50||50||1||40 Minutes|
|4||General Awareness (related to banking)||40||40||1||20 Minutes|
|5||Computer Knowledge||20||20||1||10 Minutes|
|Total||200||200||–||2 Hours 20 Minutes|
Note: Only After you qualify the Mains exam, you will be called for Interview which is the last phase of getting hired as a Probationary Officier. Let’s get an idea about it below.
b.) Common Interview
For Interview, you need to be very active and presentive.
Undergoing Interview process has various things to be kept in the mind such as, your way of sitting, your way of talking, Your communication skill, your way of putting and carrying yourself with the statements you make in front of them.
The IBPS PO Interview is the last phase of the IBPS PO selection process. The candidates who have been shortlisted in IBPS PO Mains exam will be called for an Interview. This interview is conducted by the banks that are interested in recruiting Probationary Officers for the year. The respective Nodal Bank for each State or Union Territory, with the help of the IBPS, coordinates the Interview Phase. On the day of the interview, the candidates who qualify the Mains Exam will have to download and carry a print out of the Interview Call Letter. The cut-offs for each category for the IBPS PO Interview are mentioned in the table below.
Category Wise Cut-offs for IBPS PO Interview
|Category||Total no. of Marks||Qualifying Marks (in percentage)|
|SC / ST / OBC / PWD||35%|
Only those candidates who have qualified the Mains Exam and the Interview individually will be taken into consideration to prepare the list of candidates who qualify for the final selection process.
Final Selection Procedure
The IBPS PO Mains Exam scores along with the scores from the interview are taken into consideration in an 80:20 ratio to prepare the list of candidates who qualify for the final selection process. This list is further scrutinised before preparing a list of shortlisted candidates for the subsequent provisional allotment process.
To help you realise your IBPS PO dream, India’s premier skill development company, FACEPrep has designed an extensive course. Click here to know more about the IBPS PO : Prelims and Mains Preparation Guide.
Want to know your All India Rank for IBPS PO? Participate in the biggest All India Free Mock test for IBPS PO 2016 and avail scholarships for Online lessons and Mock Test series. Click here to register for All India Free Mock Test Series.
IBPS has invited online applications from the Indian Citizens to recruit the Probationary officers, There are total 8822 vacancies for recruitment in IBPS CWE 2016-17 PO exam. Below are the details for CWE Probationary Officer Vacancy in IBPS.
Post Name: Probationary Officer/Management Trainee
- General: 4500 Posts
- OBC: 2319 Posts
- SC: 1338 Posts
- ST: 665 Posts
- Online registration/Payment link activate form 26-07-2016 to 13-08-2016
- Preliminary Exam Call letter downloadable from 01-10-2016
- Prelims Examination dates: 16-10-2016, 22-10-2016, 23-10-2016
- Prelims Exam result date is: November 2016
- Mains Examination call letter downloadable from: November 2016
- Online Mains Exam date 20-11-2016
- Mains Examination Result Date December -2016
- For Interview call letter downloadable form January-2017
- Interview date January/February-2017
- Final Allotment April 2017
- Lower Limit = 20 years.
- Upper Limit = 30 years.
Note: Upper age relaxation will be provided to all the reserved category candidates like SC ST OBC including ex-serviceman candidates as per govt or bank PO norms.
- General Category – Rs 600.
- SC ST candidates – Rs 100.
Note: The fee can be paid either through online or offline via bank challan
How to Apply:
Candidates can go to the official website of the IBPS to fill up the form of IBPS CWE PO Exam 2016 VI.
The instruction for filling up the application form and guidelines are given on their website. It can be downloaded from the link given below.
- Official Website: Click to go.
|IBPS PO Exam Syllabus||IBPS Study Materials|
|IBPS PO Preliminary Mock Test|
|Study Plan for IBPS Exam Preparation|
|IBPS SO Complete New Exam Details & Syllabus|
|Reasoning Ability Mock Test for 2017|
|General Awareness Mock Test for 2017|
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Exams2017.11.02Government Exams – The Critical One
- Announcements2017.09.06Recruitment Application for IBPS Clerk VII is out for Vacancies of 2018-19
- Announcements2017.08.30What to Expect for IBPS PO Prelims Exam 2017 (Important Topics)
- General Awareness2017.08.22Most Asked Questions about the President of India