1. Sri Lanka was declared malaria-free by the World Health Organisation which called it a ‘remarkable public health achievement’. WHO certified the tropical island nation of having eliminated malaria.
2. World’s oldest cricketer, South African Lindsay Tuckett, passed away. He was 97. The distinction of the oldest surviving cricketer in the world now passes to another South African player, all-rounder Johnny Watkins, who is 93.
3. Rajasthan’s education department has partnered with US-based technology firm Cisco to promote digital learning across the state using virtual digital room solutions.
4. ISRO will launch the GSLV-F05 carrying advanced weather satellite INSAT-3DR from the spaceport of Sriharikota, about 110 km from Chennai, on September eight.
5. First Ever ‘Incredible India Tourism Investment Summit’ (IITIS) will be organized by Ministry of Tourism to attract investors across the globe. It is an initiative of the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, in association with Tourism Finance Corporation of India (TFCI) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
6. Serena Williams surpassed the Roger Federer’s record of most Grand Slam match wins in tennis’ Open era by claiming her 308th Grand slam win.
7. Former Supreme Court Justice Gyan Sudha Mishra has been awarded with the ‘Bharatshree Alankaran’.
8. According to the latest QS World University Rankings 2016-17, the global ranking of the Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore has dropped two notches to 152th place.
9. The Indian wushu team won four silver and five bronze medals in the 6th Asian Championship which drew to a close in Taoyuan, Taiwan.
10. The Rajasthan government and James Education signed a memorandum of understanding to improve education in the state.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.