1. Former army chief Michel Aoun sworn in as the 13th president of Lebanon.
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Asia’s largest man-made jungle safari at Naya Raipur in Chhattisgarh.
3. Renowned Hindi author Hridayesh Mehrotra died. He was 86.
4. Veteran journalist S Nihal Singh has been chosen for the ‘Raja Ram Mohan Roy Award’ for his outstanding contribution to journalism which is presented by the Press Council of India (PCI).
5. Stepping up the efforts to keep railway premises clean, Indian Railways has joined hands with Sulabh International and appointed its founder Bindeshwar Pathak as the Brand Ambassador of Swachh Rail Mission.
6. Veteran singer S.P. Balasubrahmanyam will be felicitated with the Centenary Award for Indian Film Personality of the Year at the upcoming 47th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Goa.
7. A 1980-batch Indian Revenue Service officer, Sushil Chandra took over as chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT). Chandra replaced Rani Singh Nair.
8. Karnataka’s veteran industrialist Srihari Khoday died. He was 78.
9. Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and Associated Chambers of Commerce of India inked a memorandum of understanding to facilitate the transfer of defence technology to Indian industry.
10. Young Indian shuttler Pratul defeated Aditya Joshi to win the Bahrain International Challenge badminton tournament.
1. China and Malaysia have signed agreements for the joint developments in the field of railways, energy, defense and naval vessels of Malaysia.
2. International ratings agency Standard and Poor’s has retained India’s rating at ‘BBB-A3’ with a Stable outlook.
3. Equitas Small Finance Bank, a Private Sector Bank from Tamil Nadu, announced World’s No.1 Test bowler Ravichandran Ashwin as its brand ambassador.
4. India and Bangladesh will hold a joint military training exercise ‘Sampriti 2016’ at Dhaka, Bangladesh from 05 to 18 November 2016.
5. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated a three-day Asian Ministerial Conference on disaster risk reduction in New Delhi.
6. Kolkata-born Sarabjit Singh Marwah became the first Sikh to be appointed to the Canadian Senate.
7. Chris Stapleton bagged two top trophies- male vocalist and music video of the year for ‘Fire Away’ while Carrie Underwood won the female vocalist honour at the 2016 Country Music Association Awards.
8. Entrepreneur Mohini Sharma Mane will represent India at the 2016 Mrs World pageant, to be held in Korea.
9. Actor Shah Rukh Khan has collaborated with Dubai’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing for a series of short films that will be shot in Dubai.
10. S Ramadorai has resigned as the chief of National Skill Development Agency (NSDA) and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Exams2017.11.02Government Exams – The Critical One
- Announcements2017.09.06Recruitment Application for IBPS Clerk VII is out for Vacancies of 2018-19
- Announcements2017.08.30What to Expect for IBPS PO Prelims Exam 2017 (Important Topics)
- General Awareness2017.08.22Most Asked Questions about the President of India