1. Defense Minister Manohar Parrikar commissioned ‘INS Chennai’, the third indigenously designed guided missile destroyer in the Kolkata class.
2. India successfully test-fired it’s indigenously developed nuclear capable Prithvi-II missile twice as part of a user trial by the army from a test range at Chandipur in Odisha.
3. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched an ambitious housing scheme Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Rural) in Agra, Uttar Pradesh. Under which the Government proposes to provide an environmentally safe and secure pucca house to every rural household by 2022.
4. Maharashtra has the highest number of internet subscribers in the country at 29.47 million, followed by states like Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
5. Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn of Thailand has been conferred the first World Sanskrit Award for her contribution towards promotion of the language.
6. In a rare development for Indian football, Indian woman assistant referee Uvena Fernandes was awarded the AFC Referees Special Award at a function in Kuala Lumpur.
7. Former president of Greece, Constantine Stephanopoulos died. He was 90.
8. Famous English writer Amitav Ghosh has been bestowed with the ‘life-time achievement’ award at ‘Tata Literature Live, the Mumbai LitFest.
9. Gaganjeet Bhullar of India won the BANK BRI-JCB Indonesia Open for the second time.
10. Scientists have discovered a new ‘super Earth’ planet with a mass around 5.4 times that of the Earth.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Announcements2017.08.14Application for Common Recruitment for Recruitment of Probationary Officers / Management Trainees
- Announcements2017.08.14IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Selection Process 2017 – Complete Details
- Announcements2017.07.22IBPS Announces the Common Recruitment Process for Recruitment of Officers (Scale-I, II & III) and Office Assistant (Multipurpose) in RRB’s – CRP RRB’s VI
- Announcements2017.07.11Bandhan Bank Recruitment Notification 2017 for 5000 Vacancies – Exam Pattern & Syllabus