1. SBI Mutual Fund has appointed Anuradha Rao as its Managing Director and Chief Executive.
2. Under the Government of India’s Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for all (UJALA) scheme, Gujarat has become the first state to distribute 2 crore LED bulbs. Gujarat has reached this milestone in just 96 days and over 42 lakh households have already benefitted from the scheme.
3. The Goa government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Google India to promote digital literacy and drive a digital transformation across the State.
4. IIT-Kanpur has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Blavatnik Interdisciplinary Cyber Research Center of Tel Aviv University of Israel. Under the tie-up, several types of projects have been envisioned wherein graduate students, postdoctoral researchers and faculty exchange would become a regular feature to stimulate mutually beneficial research.
5. Business organisation FICCI estimated that India’s economic growth rate will be 7.8 per cent in the current financial year 2016-17.
6. Private Sector Life Insurance Company, Max Life Insurance has launched ‘Max Life Future Genius Education Plan’ to secure the future of children. This Insurance plan aims at ensuring that child’s education is continued even after unexpected events.
7. China has commissioned its first military air ambulance for cross-border army operations, naval missions and evacuation of wounded military personnel.
8. India’s star batsman Virat Kohli has maintained his number one position in the ICC T20 batsmen rankings, while off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin returned to the top five in the bowlers’ list, climbing up to fourth spot from seventh.
9. The World Bank has recently released a Logistics Performance Index 2016 report titled “Connecting to Complete”. The Logistics Performance Index Report is published by World Bank every two years. In this report, India has been ranked 35 amongst 160 countries, India was ranked 54th in 2014.
10. England captain Wayne Rooney announced that the 2018 World Cup in Russia will be his final tournament as an international footballer.