1. China successfully launched a spacecraft carrying two astronauts, in its longest-ever manned space mission, who would later join its experimental space lab orbiting the Earth.
2. Former No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki defeated Kristina Mladenovic to win the Hong Kong Open title.
3. Indian Badminton player, Sourabh Verma defeated Malaysia’s Daren Liew to win men’s singles title at the Chinese Taipei Open Grand Prix tournament.
4. Australian female cyclist and Olympic heavyweight champion Anna Meares announced her retirement.
5. China’s first nuclear-powered submarine has been decommissioned after more than 40 years of military service.
6. Reliance Defence & Engineering Ltd board has appointed Madan Pendse as its chief financial officer (CFO).
7. Former Sri Lankan explosive batsman Sanath Jayasuriya has been named brand ambassador of the Stairs School Football League (SSFL).
8. All-rounder Hardik Pandya became the fourth Indian to be named ‘Man of the Match’ on ODI debut.
9. The city of Novi Sad in Serbia has been nominated as one of the three European Capitals of Culture 2021.
10. MS Dhoni became the second most successful captain in ODI history. Dhoni surpassed former Australian skipper Allan Border’s 107 ODI wins to achieve the milestone.
11. India and Brazil signed four agreements in areas of investment cooperation and facilitation, cattle genomics, pharmaceuticals and agriculture.
12. India’s first indigenously-made nuclear submarine, the INS Arihant has been commissioned into service. After commissioning of INS Arihant, India has become the world’s sixth country which itself has formed nuclear armed submarine.
13. China will host the ninth BRICS annual summit in the southeastern coastal city of Xiamen in September 2017.
14. Indian Badminton Star Saina Nehwal has been appointed as a member of the International Olympic Committee’s (IOC) Athletes’ Commission.
15. Senior diplomat Navdeep Singh Suri has been appointed Ambassador to United Arab Emirates.
16. The tiny island of Kakkathuruthu in Kerala’s backwaters has been listed in National Geographic’s ‘Around the World in 24 Hours’ list.
17. Indian film ‘Reclaiming the Night’ won the distinguished ‘Megacity short docs, Best Film Award (report Solution) 2016’ at the French International Short doc Indian film festival.
18. Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated three hydro-electric projects (HEPs) in Himachal Pradesh- Koldam HEP, Parbati HEP Stage-III and Rampur HEP, to the nation. All these projects have a total generating capacity of 1,732 MW.
19. Amandeep Singh Gill has been appointed as the Ambassador of India to the UN Conference on Disarmament, Geneva.
20. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the National SC/ST Hub in Ludhiana, Punjab to provide support to entrepreneurs from the community.
21. 197 countries have unanimously approved India’s nomination of Rajendra Shende as a senior expert to the United Nations Environment Programme’s Technology and Economic Assessment Panel of the Montreal Protocol.
22. Former cricketers Anil Kumble and Virender Sehwag launched a book on India’s Test captain Virat Kohli’s life named ‘Driven: The Virat Kohli Story’. The book is written by journalist Vijay Lokapally.
23. India and China held joint army exercise named ‘China-India Cooperation 2016 ’, which is their first exercise in Jammu and Kashmir.
24. Bengaluru FC created history by defeating defending champions Johor Darul Ta’zim 3-1 and entering the AFC Cup Football final. With this it became the first football club from India to reach the final of Asian Cup Football.
25. India and Myanmar signed three agreements in various sectors especially agriculture, power and infrastructure to boost the bilateral relations between the two nations.
26. Water Jet Fast Attack Craft (WJFAC) INS Tihayu was commissioned into Indian Navy by the Eastern Naval Command Vice-Admiral H.C.S. Bisht.
27. N Kumar, Director of State-owned Coal India Limited died. He assumed the charge of Director (Technical) of Coal India Limited in 2012.
28. An Indian-American academic, Renu Khator, has been appointed as a member of the US Department of Homeland Security’s Academic Advisory Council.
29. Piyush Goyal, Union Minister of State (IC) for Power, Coal, New and Renewable Energy and Mines, laid the foundation stone for Atal Akshay Urja Bhawan. The building has been named after former Prime Minister of India, Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
30. The Indian football team achieved its best FIFA ranking in over six years when the side jumped 11 places to be 137th in the latest list released.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Uncategorized2018.03.05Equip Yourself with Niche Skills – Take a Giant Leap for your Career
- English2018.03.05How to Prepare for English Section of SSC CGL and IBPS PO Simultaneously?
- Announcements2018.02.06Top Universities for Finance Aspirants
- Announcements2018.02.06Popular Universities offering Banking Courses