1. Indian-American physician-author Abraham Verghese has been selected for the prestigious 2015 National Humanities Medal.
2. Indian-born researcher Dinesh Bharadia at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) has won the prestigious Young Scholar award of the US-based Marconi Society for his contribution to radio waves.
3. Private sector Axis Bank has tied up with Banaras Hindu University (BHU) to offer specialized banking courses.
Aptitude Simplified: How to effortlessly crack the Quantitative Aptitude Section for placements
4. UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav launched ‘Samajwadi Kisan Evam Sarvhit Bima Yojana’. Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui has been appointed the brand ambassador to popularize the scheme.
5. Priyanka Chopra has become the first Indian star to enter the Forbes list of highest paid television actresses in the world, after starring on American series ‘Quantico’. Priyanka has been ranked eighth in this list.
IBPS PO : Prelims and Mains Preparation Guide
6. ONGC Videsh Ltd signed an agreement to raise stake in Russia’s Vanok oil field by 11 per cent to 26 per cent. The firm and its wholly-owned subsidiary ONGC Videsh Vankorneft Pte Ltd, Singapore jointly signed agreements with Rosneft.
7. The Bihar Government gave its approval to the launch of student credit card scheme for the students passing Class 12th exam, under which they will get an interest free loan of Rs four lakh for pursuing higher studies.
8. PayU Global, the digital payments provider owned by South Africa’s Naspers Group signed a deal to buy ‘Citrus Pay’ for $130 million (around Rs 870 crore).
9. Indo-American Chamber of Commerce awarded Rana Kapoor, the Yes Bank Managing Director and CEO with the ‘Business Leadership Award’.
IBPS PO Prelims Online Preparation Guide 2016
10. Anil Ambani-led Reliance Communications (Rcom) announced the merger of its wireless businesses with Aircel. After this merger, this alliance will become the fourth-largest telecom operator in the country based on the number of consumers.
11. Kerala’s St Joseph’s College is the only higher education institute given A++ grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) under its new grading system
12. China finished on top of the medals’ table at the Rio Paralympics with 239 medals, while India ended their campaign at 43rd spot with four medals. This was India’s best-ever performance at the Paralympics, with two golds, one silver and one bronze.
13. Real Madrid secured a 2-0 away win at Espanyol to register their 16th straight La Liga win, the longest run of league victories in the club’s history.
14. Spain returned to the Davis Cup World Group after two years, following their 5-0 whitewash over India in the play-off in New Delhi.
15. Indian Test captain Virat Kohli has been appointed the brand ambassador of Punjab National Bank (PNB).
16. Mercedes F1 team’s German driver Nico Rosberg won the Singapore Grand Prix his 200th race, ahead of teammate Lewis Hamilton and Red Bull’s Australian driver Daniel Ricciardo.
17. To promote the Swachh Bharat Mission and encourage people to use clean toilets, Ludhiana administration has started the “Selfie with my Shauchalya” campaign.
18. Google has acquired Urban Engines, a location-based analytics service provider for urban planning.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Announcements2018.06.06IBPS CRP RRBs VII Notification has been Released
- Announcements2018.03.05Equip Yourself with Niche Skills – Take a Giant Leap for your Career
- English2018.03.05How to Prepare for English Section of SSC CGL and IBPS PO Simultaneously?
- Announcements2018.02.06Top Universities for Finance Aspirants