1. India successfully launched its INSAT-3DR advanced weather satellite using its heavy geosynchronous satellite launch vehicle (GSLV-F05) rocket.
2. The Minister, Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Narendra Singh Tomar, released the ‘Swachh Survekshan’ for rural India, revealing Mandi (Himachal Pradesh) and Sindhudurg (Maharashtra) as the cleanest districts in India.
3. PepsiCo CEO and Chairman Indra Nooyi is the only Indian origin woman in Fortunes 51 Most Powerful Women list. Nooyi is ranked second in the list. It is topped by Mary Barra, CEO and Chairman of General Motors.
4. President Pranab Mukherjee gave assent to the Constitution Amendment Bill on Goods and Services Tax (GST).
5. Uttar Pradesh Police launched ‘Twitter’ service for better redressal of issues of the people. With this the state became the first state in the country, where the police will use Twitter in all the districts .Twitter Seva was launched by Uttar Pradesh DGP S Javeed Ahmad.
6. Central Board Direct Taxes (CBDT) has launched the ‘e-nivaran’ facility for online redressal of taxpayers’ grievances related to refunds, ITRs and PAN and others.
7. Assam’s Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated Majuli as the 35th district of Assam. With this, Majuli became India’s first island district.
8. Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) nominated the two-time Olympic-medallist wrestler Sushil Kumar for the Padma Bhushan, India’s third-highest civilian honour.
9. The country’s largest private lender ICICI Bank became the first bank in India to deploy ‘software robots’.
10. Bharat Aluminium Company Limited (BALCO) won the CII National Award for best performance in the field of energy conservation. BALCO was given ‘Excellent Energy Efficient Unit award- 2015’ in the metal group. In addition, BALCO won the first BEE National Energy Conservation award-2015 in the aluminum category.
11. Mariyappan Thangavelu created history by becoming the first Indian to win a gold in high jump at the Rio Paralympics while Varun Singh Bhati clinched the bronze in the men’s high jump T-42 event.
12. Uttar Pradesh government appointed Bollywood actress Vidya Balan as brand ambassador of its ambitious Samajwadi Pension Yojana.
13. India along with 10 other member countries of World Health Organisation’s (WHO) South-East Asian Regional Committee has decided to set up a dedicated fund aimed at building preparedness for health emergencies in the region.
14. Pankaj Advani became the first cueist from India to win a medal at the prestigious Sangsom 6 Red Snooker World Championship. He settled for a bronze medal after losing the semifinal to Chinese Ding Junhui.
15. The Ministry of Civil Aviation has issued a public notice prohibiting the use of Samsung’s Galaxy Note 7 smartphone on board an aircraft. The Ministry has advised airlines and travelling public not to turn on or charge the said mobile during flights.
16. Indian Coast Guard Ship ‘Sarathi’, third ship in the series of six Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPV) was commissioned by the Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh at Goa.
17. Haryana has won Best Horticulture State award of the Indian Council of Food and Agriculture (ICFA).
18. Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) appointed Srinivasan Swamy as its new Chairman.
19. Country’s second largest stock exchange BSE filed draft papers with markets regulator SEBI for its initial public offering (IPO), which will make it the first Indian stock exchange to be listed. BSE will be listed on National stock Exchange.
20. According to Forbes magazine, Spanish Fashion house Zara founder Amancio Ortega has become the world’s richest man. He has dethroned Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates, who is now on second position.