1. Taking the nation by surprise, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced demonetization of Rs 1000 and Rs 500 notes. Along with this it was also announced that the new notes of Rs 2,000 and Rs 500 will be issued.
2. Billionaire-turned-politician Donald Trump has been elected as the 45th President of the United States of America. He defeated Hillary Clinton in the elections.
3. National award winning director TS Nagabharana’s ‘Allama’ has been nominated as India’s entry for the International Council for Film, Television and Audio-visual Communication (ICFT) UNESCO Gandhi Medal at the 47th International Film Festival of India (IFFI).
4. Indian-American Democrat Raja Krishnamoorthi won the Congressional election from Illinois, defeating Republican former Elmhurst Mayor Peter DiCianni. Krishnamoorthi is the second Hindu-American to be elected to the US House of Representatives.
5. California’s Attorney General Kamala Harris created history by winning a US Senate seat from the state. She is the first Indian-American to achieve this success.
6. Former state minister and RSP leader V P Ramakrishna Pillai passed away. He was 86.
7. India and the UK announced a Newton Fund research programme worth up to USD 80 million to jointly address global societal challenges.
8. India’s first liquefied natural gas (LNG) driven bus was launched in Kerala. Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan jointly flagged off the first pilot run of the eco-friendly bus.
9. Pramila Jayapal became the First Indian-American woman to be elected to the US House of Representatives, winning the Washington State Senate seat.
10. Tata announced that Tata Literature Live! Lifetime Achievement Award for 2016 will be conferred on acclaimed author Amitav Ghosh.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Announcements2018.06.06IBPS CRP RRBs VII Notification has been Released
- Announcements2018.03.05Equip Yourself with Niche Skills – Take a Giant Leap for your Career
- English2018.03.05How to Prepare for English Section of SSC CGL and IBPS PO Simultaneously?
- Announcements2018.02.06Top Universities for Finance Aspirants