- Assam-based ecologist and conservation activist Bibhuti Lahkar has become the first Asian to be awarded with the prestigious Heritage Heroes Award by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN).2. Urjit Patel has assumed charge as the 24th Governor of the Reserve Bank of India. He has taken over from Raghuram Rajan.
- Urjit Patel has assumed charge as the 24th Governor of the Reserve Bank of India. He has taken over from Raghuram Rajan.
3. According to the wealth research firm New World Wealth, India is the second most ‘unequal’ country in the world after Russia where 54 per cent of its wealth is controlled by millionaires. While India is among the 10 richest countries in the world with a total individual wealth of $5,600 billion, the average Indian is quite poor.
4. Indian racer Shahan Ali Mohsin created history by clinching the Micro Max title of the Asian Karting Championship.
5. Former Australian cricket captain Ricky Ponting has been appointed brand ambassador of his home state Tasmania and will join a government-led trade mission to the subcontinent that will explore export opportunities.
6. Indian mixed doubles pair of Sikki Reddy and Pranaav Jerry Chopra clinched their maiden Grand Prix title, bagging the Brazil Open with a straight game victory over Canadian combo of Toby Ng and Rachel Honderich in the finals.
7. 60 leading academics and media persons of the country were honored with the 32nd Dr S. Radhakrishnan Memorial National Teachers award to commemorate the 129 th anniversary former President. S. Radhakrishnan.
8. Abhinav Bindra, India’s lone individual Olympic gold medallist officially announced his retirement from shooting.
9. German driver of team Mercedes, Nico Rosberg defeated Lewis Hamilton to win the Italian Open title.
10. Canon India appointed Eddie Udagawa as its new Vice President of Canon India Pvt Ltd.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.