Popular Universities offering Banking Courses: Banking, like others, is one of the most wide-spread sectors in the modern world. Banking started actually even before we could term it as banking. Nevertheless, modern banking is highly advanced and globalized. This makes baking a field of research and study also. Finance, Insurance and other banking facilities can be included in the Banking sector. The career in the banking industry is very secure and obviously well-paying. Management graduates, CAs, Financial Analysts can find a good job in the banking sector to earn a good amount of money.
There are many Under-graduate and post-graduate courses that a student can opt to get into the banking sector like- BBA in Banking & Finance, B.COM in Banking & Finance, BBA in Banking, B.COM in Banking Management, B.COM in Banking & Insurance, MBA in Banking & Taxation, B.Sc in Banking & Finance in UG courses, whereas M.Com Banking Management, M.Com in Bank Management, M.Com in Banking & Insurance Management in PG courses.
There are many certificate courses also.
To pursue any of these courses, a student definitely would deem for an excellent institute where she/he could learn the banking principles effectively. So, this article contains a list of popular universities/institutes in India that offer banking courses-
- Lovely Professional University (LPU), Jalandhar
- Sikkim Manipal University
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Mumbai University
Lovely Professional University is one of the largest private universities in India and is located at Jalandhar in Punjab. LPU was established in the year 2005 by the Lovely International Trust. LPU has an excellent world-class infrastructure equipped with all modern facilities. LPU offers graduation and post-graduation in almost all of the courses. In Banking sectors, LPU offers MBA in Banking and Financial Services.
MBA in Banking and Insurance is a two-year program which Is divided into 4 semesters. To be eligible for admission in this course-
The student must pass with 50% aggregate marks in any Bachelor’ discipline or equivalent and must qualify the LPUNEST exam and qualify the interview. OR
Minimum 50% marks in Bachelor’s degree (any discipline) and a valid score in CAT/ MAT/ XAT and Interview.
LPUNEST is an online test which is taken by over 50000 students every year. Good score in LPUNEST can also earn scholarships worth up to 3 Lac per student.
Sikkim Manipal was set up to educate the youth of Sikkim and to give them exposure to the new technologies and education sectors. The Sikkim Manipal University was established in 1995 and is the first government-private institute in the region. SMU is recognized by the UGC and is approved by the Government of India.
SMU offers MBA in Banking and Finance. SMU accepts admissions twice a year i.e. in Feb and August. The eligibility criteria are as listed below
- A bachelor’s degree holder in (10+2+3/10+2+4/10+3+3) scheme with at least 50% marks (45% for reserved category) at graduation level and their score in Management Aptitude Test (MAT) or (CAT).
- The student must apply for SMIT and quote their MAT/CAT score in the application.
- Students will then be selected on the basis of their performance in GD and PI round
Christ University, Bangalore
CHRIST is a private deemed to be University in Bangalore, Karnataka. It was founded in 1969 as an autonomous college. The CHRIST deemed University offers a number of courses in Banking Education field. These courses are as follows-
- Com in Strategic Finance- The course commences from June every year. Students who have passed 10+2 or equivalent can apply for the course. Students must apply for the course while they are in the final year of their +2. The merit cut-off is released by the admission cell on the 4th day of the result declaration of Karnataka Boars or CBSE or ISC.
- MBA in Banking and Finance- It is a two years program divided into 6 trimesters. The admission process follows strict eligibility criteria. It is as follows-
The student must have:
- Total score of 600 or above in the Management Aptitude Test (MAT), OR
- Total score of 450 or above in GMAT, OR
- Total score or 300 or above in GRE, OR
- 70 percentile or above score in the Common Management Admission Test
- 70 percentile or above in the CAT OR
- 70 percent or above in the XAT.
Candidate must have minimum 50% marks in aggregate in an undergraduate course. (Students who are in final year of their studies should have minimum 50% marks in all semesters or year).
The University of Mumbai or Mumbai University is one of the oldest state universities in the country. It was established in 1857 as a consequence of “WOOD’S EDUCATION DISPATCH”. It has been granted with the status of University with Potential by the UGC.
The MU offers Banking Course in its 5 years Integrated Management Programme (BMS-MBA)
The Thane Sub Campus offers a Five Year Integrated Programme in Management (BMS MBA). Each year is sub-divided into 2 semesters. The BMS degree is awarded to all the students who shall pass the first three years of the course. Every semester ends with a University exam. Even semester exams are held in April/May while odd semester exams are held in November.
The admission to BMS-MBA 1st Semester is open to any candidate with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate (40% in case of reserved category candidates) in Higher Secondary School/Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent certificate from a recognized Board.
The student should be below 20 years of age (22 years in case of reserved category candidates and Persons with Disability (PWD)).
ENTRANCE TEST in MUCMET: Mumbai University Common Management Entrance Test-The aspirant will have to appear for MUCMET is conducted in July every year in Mumbai. The center for MUCMET is declared on the website of the University of Mumbai. The merit is then created as per the scores in the MUCMET.
Based on the above criteria admissions are granted in this Integrated Management Course that has specializations in banking courses.
These were the most Popular Universities in India that offer Graduation and Post-Graduation in Banking Courses. Banking Aspirants can prepare for any of the exams like CAT, MAT etc since they all have almost the similar syllabus. Good scores in such exams will help secure admission in the above mentioned Universities.
- At IBPS Preparation,We provide pathway for any candidate who wishes to shine in the recruitment process of IBPS.
- Tricks and Formulae2018.10.12How to prepare for bank exam without coaching?
- Announcements2018.06.06IBPS CRP RRBs VII Notification has been Released
- Announcements2018.03.05Equip Yourself with Niche Skills – Take a Giant Leap for your Career
- English2018.03.05How to Prepare for English Section of SSC CGL and IBPS PO Simultaneously?